In celebration of Easter, some of Chicago's top restaurants and markets are offering special dishes and prix fixe menus. If you don't want to spend the time and energy preparing a meal, head to one of these spots for delicious meal.
- Try Vanille Patisserie's macaroons, chocolate bunnies and lollipops. For more decadent sweets, don't miss the Almond Pithivier (a crisp puff pastry with baked almond cream), the Petit Fours (an assortment of miniature pastries) and the Carrot Cake Entrement (a traditional carrot cake with cream cheese mousse with Easter dècor).
- Delightful Pastries is offering assorted pies and cakes, that include Lamb Pound Cake, Lamb and Spinach Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Bundt Cake, and Rhubarb Strawberry Pie.
- Sweet Miss Giving's is offering Easter Cupcakes and Royal Icing Cookies.
Restaurant Michael: On Easter Sunday, a three-course prix fixe brunch is offered from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and a three-course prix fixe "No Fuss" Easter Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. 64 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, Ill. 60093. (847) 441-3100. www.restaurantmichael.com
- For brunch, guests can dine on everything from French Rolled Omelets and Roasted Rack of Baby New Zealand Beef Tenderloin, to Bananas Foster Crepes and Warm Sage Scented Bluberry Charlotte for dessert.
- For dinner, offerings include: Confit Duck Leg and Sautèed Breast of Guinea Hen, Pan-roasted Diver Scallop over Braised Beef Short Rib, Vegetarian Roasted Beeft and Risotto and more. Conclude Easter dinner with such desserts as Warm Huckleberry Financier and Ginger-almond Ice Cream Sandwich and Upside-down Caramel Apple Tart.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Flemings offers a three-course prix fixe Easter brunch (and kids' menu) from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Easter Sunday. Dine on Mushroom, Cheddar and Filet Mignon Frittata, Berry Stuffed French Toast, Filet Benedict, and Smoked Salmon and Toasted Bagel, among others. Swallow it down with a Bellini, an Easter brunch speciality cocktail and finish the meal with Walnut Turtle Pie, Crème Brûlée or New York Style Cheescake. Two locations: 25 E. Ohio St., Chicago, Ill. 60611. (312) 329-9463 and 960 Milwaukee Ave., Lincolnshire, Ill. 60069. (847) 793-0333. www.flemingssteakhouse.com
Prairie Fire/Prairie Grass Cafe: Both Prairie Fire and Prairie Grass Cafe will be offering an Easter special on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Menu items include Grilled Mink Creek Farm Lamb Skewer and House-made Lamb Sausage with sweet basil pesto, spring onions and asparagus for $26; and Brioche Crusted Halibut with sweet pea purée and early carrots. Pairie Fire: 215 N. Clinton St., Chicago, Ill. 60661. (312) 382-8300.www.prairiefirechicago.com Prairie Grass Cafe: 601 Skokie Blvd., Northbrook, Ill. 60062. (847)-205-4433. www.prairiegrasscafe.com