Joonbug.com is seeking a Full-Time Events Manager in our New York office to oversee our newest website BarCrawls.com. You must be comfortable working in a nightlife event environment and on some weekends. This is an exciting opportunity to launch a new website.
Job tasks include (but not limited to):
- Oversee each market’s (NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, Miami, DC and more) crawls. There are tentatively 6 crawls per year in each market.
- Planning out routes & key areas of each city.
- Acquiring venues & establishing relationships with each bar.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for each crawl
- Coordinating with PR Department for Social Networking needs & Promotions Department for promotional assets.
- Oversee all marketing material production (posters, flyers, email blasts, box/banner ads, maps, etc.)
- Photography scheduling for each venue on the crawl prior to events.
- Ordering swag/party favors, branded items, and t-shirts
- Contact business, sports leagues, and other relevant groups to participate and sponsor each crawl.
- Hire brand ambassadors, promo models, and staff for each event.
- Execution of crawls: day of registration and check-in.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field (PR, Communications, Marketing)
- Must be a multi-tasker who works well under possible high-stress situations
- Ability to work events at night and on weekends
- Exceptional writing/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated person who is hardworking and responsible
- Ability to work independently in a small entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop
- Must have a working knowledge of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, etc)
- ** Candidates must live in or around Manhattan (meaning if you cannot get here via a subway do not apply - there is no exception) & must have lived in the city for a minimum of 6 months. Applicants not meeting these requirements WILL NOT BE considered
Hours: BarCrawl.com Managers are in our Midtown office from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. thru Fri., plus some weekend hours, and extended hours during the holidays.
Payment: $35K+ depending on experience. Benefits available after 3 months.
* Please ATTACH resume on the next page. Feel free to cut and paste a cover letter or simply tell us a little about yourself & why we should hire you when you submit your application. We highly recommend that you also attach a picture. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will contact you if your experience meets our needs.