Joonbug.com is seeking a full-time, NY based, experienced Editor-in-Chief to run the online editorial department in our New York office. We have branded ourselves as the #1 place to find out what is happening in NYC and major surrounding cities in the US. Editorial on the site focuses on the following topics: Nightlife, Fashion, Music, Entertainment & Gossip, Food & Beverage, Technology/The Arts, and Charity.
Applicant must be familiar with and have an interest in NYC nightlife. Applicant should already know NYC hotspots, who works which velvet rope, the best restaurants, the impact of EDM, top designers and fashion shows, and relevant celebrity news.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Must communicate ongoing coordination among editors and contributing writers
- Collaborate with the team to develop overall strategy and creative approaches for the various blogs
- Develop and maintain a weekly editorial schedule and calendar
- Edit and oversee all content on the website; Content should be national and hyper-local while appealing to our young (21-34), trend-setting demographic
- Build and supervise a team of non-paid contributing writers to produce new and exciting daily content on the site
- Build and supervise a team of editorial interns (editors) to ensure quality control and maintain content on the site
- Collaborate with the PR & Marketing departments to provide editorial support for Joonbug events
- Develop creative ideas and content for the website including articles and blogging/interactive tools
- Write press releases and promotional copy as needed
- Prepare pictorial for all content uploaded on the website
- A strong understanding of the Joonbug voice and brand
- Candidates should already have advanced knowledge of the NYC nightlife scene
- Ability to work independently in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Skills of writing, proofreading, copy editing, developmental editing and editing for search engine optimization
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- A writing style that is witty, clear, and compelling
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop and some HTML
- Four year college degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is required
Hours: Editors are in our Midtown office from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Salary: 30-50K+ depending on experience. Benefits after 3 months.
*Please ATTACH your resume as well as writing samples. Feel free to cut and paste a cover letter or simply tell us a little about yourself when you submit your application.
*Due to high volume of applicants we will contact you if your experience meets our needs.