Job Description: Great opportunity for an event producer/event project manager to join a highly successful events company, Joonbug.com. Joonbug is the largest producer of New Year’s Eve events in the US. Those hired will be coordinating many different types of events all year round and some of the biggest holiday parties of the year! From small parties to large concerts you will do it all - must be able to take the heat in the kitchen!
- Act as the company liaison for the events production team
- Develop agendas/timelines
- Draft and adhere to event project budgets
- Prepare and manage documents to track cost and expenses
- Venue assessments to create floor plans
- Logistics and coordination of technical aspects (lighting, sound, staging)
- Negotiating with vendors
- Vendor contracts and agreements
- Sourcing and management of staff, event crew, and security
- Printing and distribution management
- Photography team management
- Post event reporting and evaluation
Pay: $35K+ depending on experience. Benefits available after 3 months.
Hours: Production Managers are in our New York City office from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. through Fri., plus some weekend hours, and extended hours during the holidays. Production Managers will also be expected to work any produced events which they help coordinate.
- Bachelor degree in a related field (Hospitality, Communications, Marketing, etc.)
- Events production/project management experience preferred
- Multi-tasker who thrives under pressure
- Extremely organized, with an eye for detail
- Great interpersonal & leadership skills – must be resourceful!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop
- Ability to work events at night and on weekends
- Critical to be present the night of our Halloween (Oct. 28 and Oct. 31) and New Year’s Eve events (Dec. 31)
- Candidates must live in or around Manhattan (meaning if you cannot get here via a subway do not apply - there is no exception) & must have lived in the city for a minimum of 6 months. Applicants not meeting these requirements WILL NOT be considered.
* Please ATTACH YOUR RESUME. Feel free to cut and paste a cover letter or simply tell us a little about yourself & why we should hire you when you submit your application.
* You must ATTACH A PICTURE or headshot of yourself. Applications without a picture or headshot will not be considered.
* Due to the high volume of applicants we will contact you if your experience meets our needs.