Events & Promotions Manager
Joonbug.com is seeking a Full Time Events & Promotions Manager in our New York office to oversee execution of weekly promotional & holiday events. You must be comfortable working in a nightlife environment, at night, and on weekends. This is an exciting opportunity to run parties & events, network with your friends, and become an expert for any size or type of event.
Job Tasks Include (but not limited to):
· Overseeing up to 6+ weekly events (Thursday, Friday, & Saturday). Handling reservations, outside bookings, promoters/party hosts, marketing plans, event posting, staffing, recaps, accounting, payouts and coordinating with the graphic design team for event flyers.
· Joonbug Party Planner Service – Responding and planning all requests that come through the Joonbug Party Planner booking for Joonbug & client venues. Some light venue sourcing or event production may result from the requests.
· Business Development – Comp Sponsor Program. Calling new companies to establish relationships & to book events.
· Concierge Program – Running Joonbug’s Concierge Program where we work with NYC concierge’s for holiday events & general event planning. Includes site visits, creation of marketing materials, & relationship upkeep.
· Interviews – overseeing weekly interview for Event Managers, Party Hosts & Promoters, & interns for your department.
· Assisting Holiday Event Manager with Promotional Assets & some event planning. Will be reaching out to affiliate, promoters, and other relevant contacts.
· Must have Bachelor degree in a related field (PR, Communications, Marketing)
· Must be a multi-tasker who works well under possible high stress situations
· Ability to work events at night and on weekends
· Not only must enjoy going out often, but must be comfortable working in a nightlife environment
· Fraternity, Sorority or Nightlife promotional experience a bonus.
· Ready for a career that is a lifestyle opportunity
· Exceptional writing/verbal communication skills
· Self motivated person who is hardworking and responsible
· Ability to work independently in a small entrepreneurial environment
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop… Be smart!!
· Must have working knowledge of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, etc)
· Candidates must live in or around Manhattan (meaning if you cannot get here via a subway do not apply - there is no exception) & must have lived in the city for a minimum of 6 months. Applicants not meeting these requirements WILL NOT BE considered.
Hours: Promotional Managers are in our New York City office from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. thru Fri., plus some weekend hours, and extended hours during the holidays.
Payment: $30K+ depending on experience. Benefits available after 3 months.
* Please ATTACH YOUR RESUME. Feel free to cut and paste a cover letter or simply tell us a little about yourself & why we should hire you when you submit your application.
* You must ATTACH A PICTURE or headshot of yourself. Applications without a picture or headshot will not be considered.
* Due to the high volume of applicants we will contact you if your experience meets our needs.
- Bar Crawls Assistant City Manager
- Bar Crawls Cashier
- Bar Crawls City Manager
- Bar Crawls Marketing & Event Manager
- Boston Events & Promotions Manager
- Contributing Writer: Celebrity & Gossip
- Contributing Writer: Charity & Causes
- Contributing Writer: Culinary
- Contributing Writer: Fashion
- Contributing Writer: House Music
- Contributing Writer: Music
- Contributing Writer: Nightlife
- Contributing Writer: Tech & Lifestyle
- Events & Promotions Manager
- Flyer Distribution
- Intern: Bar Crawls
- Intern: Celebrity & Gossip Blog Editor
- Intern: Culinary Blog Editor
- Intern: Editorial Assistant
- Intern: Events & Marketing
- Intern: Fashion Blog Editor
- Intern: House Music Blog Editor
- Intern: Marketing & PR
- Intern: Music Blog Editor
- Intern: Nightlife Blog Editor
- Intern: Philanthropy Blog Editor
- Marketing & Events Manager
- Party Host/Promoter