Software Engineer, Web Development
Skynet Media is currently seeking a Full-time Software Engineer specializing in Web Development (primarily PHP & jQuery) to join our team of talented Designers and Engineers.
The candidate will be directly involved in all aspects of product development from conception to deployment. Skynet is looking for a self-directed, creative, efficient, and high quality professional able to work independently; one who understands business processes and can translate user needs into user-friendly applications on budget, on time and at an exceptional quality standard.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead a team, learn quickly, have outstanding coding ability, excellent communication skills and high standards.
Full-Time salary and bonus is commensurate with experience.
- Create web applications using primarily PHP and jQuery
- Work with design team to build user-friendly client-side interfaces
- Work with engineering team to build high-performance services
- Lead a development team and delegate tasks efficiently
- Participate in daily peer code reviews
- Design and implementation using sound architectural principles
- Adhere to agile software development principles
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on web development
- Passion for building "best of breed" applications
- Experience with dynamic content and high traffic volume
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS, jQuery, PHP, SQL
- Familiar with best practices of Object Oriented Design
- Familiar with Git
- Familiar with Memcached
ABOUT SKYNET MEDIA
Skynet Media is a marketing and event promotion company located in New York City doing business in major trend centers such as Miami, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Boston. Established in 2000, Skynet Media has built various consumer brands (Joonbug, BarCrawls, NewYearsEveCentral, CraveTickets) and deploys strong marketing assets for clients.
Skynet Media employs over a dozen bright and talented individuals and is deeply invested in cutting-edge technology. Now is an exciting time to be a part of the team--the company is experiencing double-digit growth as it seeks to dominate within its markets and through its products. Apply now to be a part of Skynet Media's aggressive application development team!
- Intern: Graphic Design
- SEO Nightlife Copywriter
- Bar Crawls Marketing & Event Manager
- Boston Events & Promotions Manager
- Contributing Writer: Celebrity & Gossip
- Contributing Writer: Charity & Causes
- Contributing Writer: Culinary
- Contributing Writer: Fashion
- Contributing Writer: House Music
- Contributing Writer: Music
- Contributing Writer: Nightlife
- Contributing Writer: Tech & Lifestyle
- Events & Promotions Manager
- Intern: Bar Crawls
- Intern: Celebrity & Gossip Blog Editor
- Intern: Culinary Blog Editor
- Intern: Editorial Assistant
- Intern: Events & Marketing
- Intern: Fashion Blog Editor
- Intern: House Music Blog Editor
- Intern: Marketing & PR
- Intern: Music Blog Editor
- Intern: Nightlife Blog Editor
- Intern: Philanthropy Blog Editor
- Marketing & Events Manager
- Party Host/Promoter