Joonbug.com is seeking a full-time Staffing Manager in our New York City office to assist with the execution of special events in multiple markets (New York, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago to name a few.) Candidate must live in New York City and must be comfortable working at night, and on some weekends.
Job Tasks Include (but not limited to):
All aspects in regards to the company's staffing needs including recruiting, training, managing event staff prior to and on event night. Event staff retention is the key!
- Screening and interviewing applicants by hosting large staffing open calls
- Maintaining a massive (750-1000 person) network of qualified candidates to fill positions
- Leading training seminars for each staff position
- Coordinating staff shift times and pay rates for each event
- Maintaining contact with each staff member leading up to the event
- Filling out employment paperwork and keeping records of all new hires
- Creating job descriptions and training materials
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be a leader, self driven, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a multi-tasker who works well under high stress situations
- Ability to work events at night and on weekends
- Military experience preferred *** Veterans welcome! ***
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Administration background, with staffing/recruiting experience
- Analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Candidates must live in or around Manhattan (meaning if you cannot get here via a subway do not apply - there is no exception).
- Applicants not meeting these requirements will not be considered
Hours: Staffing Manager is in our New York City office from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. through Fri., plus some weekend hours, and extended hours during the holidays.
Payment: 30K+ depending on experience. Benefits are applicable after 3 months.
* Please ATTACH YOUR RESUME. Feel free to cut and paste a cover letter or simply tell us a little about yourself & why we should hire you when you submit your application.
* You must ATTACH A PICTURE or headshot of yourself. Applications without a picture or headshot will not be considered.
* Due to the high volume of applicants we will contact you if your experience meets our needs.
- Bar Crawls City Manager
- Account Service Specialist
- Telemarketing/ Customer Service Rep
- Bottle Host
- Editorial Assistant (HR/Administrative) Intern
- Contributing Celebrity & Gossip Writer
- Contributing Charity & Causes Writer
- Contributing Tech & Lifestyle Writer
- Contributing Culinary Writer
- Contributing Fashion Writer
- Contributing House Music Writer
- Contributing Music Writer
- Contributing Nightlife Writer
- Event Coordinator
- Event Production Manager
- Flyer Distribution
- Intern: BarCrawls.com
- Intern: Celebrity & Gossip Editor
- Intern: Culinary Editor
- Intern: Events & Marketing
- Intern: Fashion Editor
- Intern: Graphic Design
- Intern: House Music Editor
- Intern: Music Editor
- Intern: Philanthropy Blog Editor
- Sales - Account Executive
- Intern: PR & Social Media
- Nightlife Ticketing Account Manager
- Intern: Nightlife Editor
- Intern: Times Square Sales & Business Development
- Staffing Manager
- Intern: Digital Sales and Marketing
- Sales Representative
- Party Host/Promoter
- Senior PHP & jQuery Web Developer
- Ticket Taker
- Systems Administrator/Tech Support
- Senior Web Developer
- SEO Expert