It seems that another Hollywood romance is possibly coming to an end. Reports are surfacing that Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger are heading for a split after only being married for a little over a year.
Although all seemed to be going good for the couple after Kroger gave Lavigne a 17-carat emerald cut ring for their one year anniversary in July, its seems things have now taken a turn for the worse.
A source told E! news, “The main issue is this: When they met, they were in work mode. They were doing a collaboration and that's where the attraction stemmed from. She was in the studio and he was producing her. She was also coming off some bad relationships where she didn't really feel appreciated as an artist. She felt she and Chad connected on that level.”
For all you reality TV buffs, this is for you. The spirited Deena Cortese of Vh1’s Jersey Shore debuted her newest endeavor and did so the only way she knows how: with a star-studded party. Streams of reality stars arrived at the Empire Hotel rooftop in support of Deena’s added appearance on the fifth season of Couple’s Therapy. Big names, like Mikey P from Dating Naked, Erica Mena from Love and Hip Hop, and Farrah Abraham from Teen Mom dropped by with words of wisdom for their host, and the latest scoop on their next moves.
Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio has been named the official spokeswoman for theVO|CO The alcoholic beverage is the world’s first drink to blend pure coconut water and premium triple distilled vodka into a “ready to drink” cocktail.
The Victoria’s Secret model made her first appearance as the drinks spokesperson at an exclusive VO|CO cocktail party on Monday in Nobu Malibu. She wore a baby blue cocktail and was joined by fiancé, Jamie Mazur, and close friends as they celebrated the event while drinking VO|CO and eating sushi.
Ryan Gosling has once again broken the hearts of women everywhere, and it’s all because of the newest little lady in his life, his daughter. It was announced today that Gosling and actress Eva Mendes welcomed their new little bundle of joy on Friday September 12th.
This is the first child for the couple, who began dating in 2011, and have yet to release their daughter’s name to the public. Although news broke about Mendes’ pregnancy in July, the couple never made an official announcement.
At the time a source told People magazine, “Their lives completely changed as soon as Eva got pregnant. They used to travel all over the place together and go on hikes with their dogs. [But in the past few months] she barely left the house. Ryan has been taking care of her, picking up food and running errands. He has been very supportive of keeping things a secret.”
Judd Apatow is bringing his talents to Netflix with a new comedy entitled Love. The show has been green-lit for a 10-episode first season, to air in 2016, and a 12-episode second season premiering the following year.
The series is a comedy following Gus and Mickey, played by Paul Rust (I Love You, Beth Cooper) and Gillian Jacobs (Community), respectively. Rust is also credited as a co-creator of the series, along with Apatow and writer Lesley Arfin, who had written for Girls and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. In grand Apatow-tradition, the cast and crew is comprised of people he's previously worked with.
Robin Thicke's hit single "Blurred Lines" may've brought him to the top of the pop charts, but it also destroyed his personal life. In April, Thicke and Pharrell William were deposed after being sued by Marvin Gaye's children when they alleged that "Blurred Lines" was a rip-off of their fathers 1977 hit "Got to Give It Up." The deposition was released to the public this week and it was mighty revealing, with Thicke dropping quite a few bombshells. Here are the juiciest reveals.
After years of MTV viewers watching Lauren Conrad trying to find love on Laguna Beach and The Hills, she finally married ‘the one.’ The former reality star married her fiancé William Tell in an intimate ceremony with close family and friends in attendance on Saturday September 13th in California.
After their nuptials the couple released a statement to Us Weekly, “What a perfect way to start our lives together; surrounded by the people we love the most.”
Conrad’s nine bridesmaids, including former co-star Lo Bosworth, wore dresses from the fashion designer’s very own Paper Crown bridesmaid collection. Conrad recently explained to Martha Stewart Weddings that she let her bridesmaids help pick out what they wore for the wedding. “I sent them all the different shapes and let them pick from two colors. I don't mind if there are a few girls in the same dress, or if people are all in different ones. It's too difficult to take a group of girls and put them in the same color and silhouette; everyone has their own style,” Conrad said.
Katie Holmes is taking a seat in the director’s chair for her latest film project. The actress will be making her directorial debut for an adaptation of the Annie Weatherwax novel All We Had.
The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone will be writing the adaptation of the book for the big screen which is about a mother-daughter relationship as they deal with living in poverty. Tribeca Film Festival co-founder Jane Rosenthal will be producing the film alongside Holmes who will also be starring in it as well.
The actress released a statement about her directorial debut, “I am very excited and honored to be collaborating with Jane and Josh on this project and so look forward to bringing Annie's incredible characters to screen.”
Saturday Night Live alums Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader star in The Skeleton Twins as twins who become estranged after their father’s death but end up reconnecting as adults after life changing events bring them together.
Even though they are living two different lives on opposite ends of the country, Maggie (Wiig) gets a call that her brother Milo (Hader) had tried to commit suicide after trying to cope with a recent break up with his boyfriend. Coincidentally, as Maggie is talking on the phone with the hospital she is holding a bunch of pills in her hand about to commit suicide as well. After getting the news, Maggie goes to be with Milo even though he wants to nothing to do with her once she arrives.
With the fall on its way and the weather getting colder, it's always good to keep your eye on a few movies that are looking to make some waves at the box office. Here is your guide to 5 movies that should be on your list this fall.
1) No Good Deed - Idris Elba, Taraji P. Henson
Somewhat of a boiler plate storyline (stranger invades home, terrorizes family, etc.) this one made the list because seeing Idris Elba (The Wire, The Office, Luther) play the antagonist again has to be so gratifying. The anticipation of his performance alone makes this an intriguing pick. Due out: September 12th
Every fall a whole batch of new comedies and dramas premiere. Some are better than others, and only a few will make it onto the must-see lists and became watercooler fodder. Who wants to be out of the TV loop? No one! So here’s a handy list of the falls most anticipated new series that you need to be watching.
- Gotham (Fox): Undeniably the most buzzed-about new show of the fall TV season, Gotham is a new take on an old classic. The show follows Detective Jim Gordon before his ascent to commissioner, when Bruce Wayne was nothing more than a young, newly orphaned boy. Starring Ben McKenzie (The O.C., Southland) as Gordon the drama is can’t-miss television. It’s even inked an unprecedented deal with Netflix, granting them streaming rights after the first season ends despite the show not having aired or found an audience yet. That’s what I call a vote of confidence. Gotham premieres on FOX September 22nd at 8 pm.
- Gracepoint (Fox): Adapted from the U.K. series Broadchurch, this 10-part ‘event series’ follows two detectives investigating a young boys death. The series stars Doctor Who’s David Tennant and Anna Gunn, of Breaking Bad fame. The cast enough is a major selling point, but given how fantastic the source material is there’s a good chance this is going to be network TV’s very own “prestige drama.” Gracepoint premieres on Fox October 2nd at 9pm.
- The Affair (Showtime): Hello Pacey Witter! Joshua Jackson is back on TV in a complex new Showtime drama. The Affair explores the implications of an affair for all involved. Rounding out the cast is Maura Tierney, Dominic West, and Ruth Wilson – so, really, how can you not watch with a cast that superb? The shows pilot episode is already getting glowing reviews so make sure to tune in on October 19 at 10pm.
- Jane the Virgin (The CW): This CW dramedy boasts the most absurd, and likely the most original, premise of all the fall pilots. Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is a, duh, virgin who has been pushed to abstain from sex until marriage – but that doesn’t help her from getting pregnant. Jane ends up artificially inseminated after a mix-up at the doctor’s office. Oops? The pilot is already a critical darling, appearing on many must-see lists – so make sure you check this one out. Jane the Virgin premieres on The CW October 13th at 9pm.
- Marry Me (NBC): Two of comedies finest character actors have come together for this take on modern marriage that is falls must-see comedy. The show follows Annie (Casey Wilson) and Jake (Ken Marino) as they traverse the trials and tribulations of getting to the “I do.” Marino and Wilson are both stars on the rise, and this may be the project that launches them into household names. Marry Me premieres on NBC October 14th at 9pm.