- 6 small tomatoes, roughly chopped with core removed
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped with seeds removed
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cups V8 brand vegetable juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives and cilantro
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic, lime juice, V8, olive oil, and herbs into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and vinegar slowly. Adjust to taste.
3. Chill for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
4. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and fresh herbs before serving.
Note: If your blender is small you might have to cut this batch in half so it won’t overflow. Makes about 6.5 cups.