If you are tired of the pre-packaged, store-bought jars of salsa, preparing your own is actually quite quick, cheap, and easy.
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup red onions, diced
- 1/3 cup parsley or cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 cup
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 spoon
Dice the red onions, and put them into a cup. Pour the fresh-squeezed lemon juice on top of the onions, set aside and let the onions soak while you are preparing everything else.
This dish is best eaten fresh!
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Serving suggestion: Any type of tortilla chips.