Well Joonbuggers, it's that time again, Festie time! This time we are preparing for Austin City Limits. This is one of my favorite festivals of the year, not only because Austin is home, but also because it might be one of the most musically diverse. We are seeing some of our electronic, oldies, Texas country and pop favies this year. Here is what we were looking most forward to.
If you missed our ultimate preparation guide for a festival, please click here to get the scoop on how to get you and your group ready for a weekend of music.
Now that you are prepared, here are some highlights the ACL is throwing our way this year:
- The Line Up: I’m pretty much just pumped to see all of these shows:
- Friday: Miike Snow, The Black Keys, Spoon, Amos Lee, & The Stokes
- Saturday: Pete Yorn, Lucero, Pat Green, The xx, LCD Soundsystem, Deadmau5, Muse, & M.I.A
- Sunday: MyNameIs-JohnMichael, Robert Earl Keen, Yeasayer, Band of Horses, Flaming Lips, The National, Norah Jones, & The Eagles.
- Also, can’t wait to see some random unknown bands, as Austin’s live music scene is basically unrivaled.
** Be sure to check out our daily recaps for our Joonbug Festie awards next week following the festival, cant wait to see who gets the Crowd Management Award this time around
- The Green Scene: This year Austin continues its love of the earth & hippie sheik ways with refillable water stations (loved this at Lolla), water bottles by H20 made out of a special eco-friendly paper packaging, and several green ways to get to the festival including daily shuttles, bike trails, and motorcycle/moped parking.
- Just some cool shiz: This year ACL is keeping the thrill alive with some fun giveaways:
- Share your favorite moments from the Festival this year with VH1’s Top 20 Greatest Moments of ACL and you could win big! Follow @VH1 on Twitter, tweet a photo of your favorite ACL moment using #ACLtop20, and you’ll be entered to win a trip on VH1’s Best Cruise Ever – featuring Train, Lifehouse, Colbie Caillat, The Script, Austin’s own Alpha Rev and more!
- Want a FREE collectible ACL t-shirt? You’ll once again be able to help us keep Zilker beautiful by grabbing a bag from one of our four Rock & Recycle centers and collecting recyclables from around the park.
- Keep checking our Facebook or Twitter during the Festival and you could win cool swag from ACL artists, or free food and beverages from our Eats restaurants.
- Stop by the Honda Hybrid Zone and enter to win a shiny, new 2011 Honda CR-Z sport hybrid coupe. Just pop in your info at a kiosk and cross your fingers! Plus, play the decoder-card game for a chance to spin the prize wheel (for premium winnings) or to score an instant reward!
- Or pop into the State Farm Club 17k Tent for a chance to win ACL Festival VIP upgrades!
- After Parties: I don’t know about you, but our fun isn’t over when the Stokes, Phish, Muse, or the Eagles sing. We are definitely going to get a taste of the Austin nightlife scene, some goodies to check out are Beso Cantina, Union Park, Kung Fu Saloon, Dizzy Rooster, and many more 4th, 5th and 6th Street Staples. Also, C3 Presents (the festival producers) have some sweet after shows check 'em here. I don’t know what gets me more excited, cute country accents or $2 you call its haha.
- Oh and there are some cool apps if you have a Droid or iPhone, but Imp sticking to my blackberry (bbm for life!) and I don’t really care about these appys.
Well festies, hope you are as pumped as me to see the one the only Austin City Limits & to over-indulge on some excellent Tex-Mex, if not make sure to check back for our awesome first hand coverage or follow our tweets @joonbugnyc & @sometimestues.
Peace, Love, & Parties, OH and of course Festies!!