All hale the cat-eye’s return! Dating back to the 1950s, this trend is the perfect combination of simple meets sexy. We love this look because it allows us to play-up our lips without looking overdone. So the big question arises...How do we achieve this look? Well, we’re here to let you in on a little secret for perfecting this gorgeous look and making your very own long-lasting liquid eyeliner. This homemade liquid eyeliner is fantastic because it stays on for hours, so you don’t have to worry about it smudging on the dance floor when things get steamy. Think of this as a little investment, you won’t be needing to purchase eyeliner for at least a year or so. All you have to do is put 1-2 drops of contact solution directly into your eyeshadow. You’ll notice a water-color-paint effect, but not to worry, it drys very fast (both on your eye and the eyeshadow itself). Dip your brush into the concoction and get ready to start painting!
- Swipe a light eye-shadow (preferably in a cream color) over the lid to create a dramatic contrast
- Apply 1-2 drops of contact solution into the eye-shadow palette
- Next, dip brush into your concoction and dab off any extra to avoid the black from running
- When applying the homemade liner to your eye, be sure to stay as close to the lashes as possible, you can always add more. Note: If you make a mistake, use a Q-tip to reshape the cat-eye
- Pull the corner of your eye and draw on your liner (you may need to re-dip your brush)
- Avoid opening your eye until the liner is completely dry, you don’t want a blob of eye-liner in the crease of your eye
What you’ll need: