While bold fashion choices ruled the red carpet at this year’s Video Music Awards, stars like Iggy Azalea, Gwen Stefani and Jordin Sparks rocked the opposite trend on their nails: simple and chic! From a sophisticated and simple metallic nail like Iggy's to an edgy dark black look like Gwen’s and topping it off with a classic deep red polish like Jordin’s, these music industry-leading ladies looked flawless.MARS the Salon, an expert in nail design and known for creating personalized nails for any occasion, have created similar looks for the at-home musical diva! To create these hot metallic, black and red looks, owner Hiroko Fujikawa recommends using a high-gloss, no chip nail polish such as Le Vernis Nail Colour or Beaute Des Ongles by Chanel.
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Apply silver glitter polish on all fingers.
3. Apply Gold hologram polish on all fingers.
4. Apply a top coat.
1) Apply a base coat.
2) Apply white polish and surround the outside of the nails
3) Apply black polish on the inside
4) Use a thin paint brush and touch up the white nail polish by going around the outside of the nail
5) Apply a top coat