MARS the Salon, located in the heart of West Hollywood, has created the perfect DIY patriotic nail design just in time for the Winter Olympics. Rep your team with these patriotic nails!
The Olympic look includes an intricately decorated American flag and crystal embellishments. Whether you are at Sochi or at home watching it on the big screen, these nails are sure to turn heads and show your American pride! To get this look, we have included the step by step instructions below, compliments of MARS. Glam it up in honor of the Olympics!
- Prep your nails by filing them to your desired shape and apply a base coat.
- Apply two coats of red polish to your thumb.
- Apply two coats of blue polish to your index and pinky fingers. For added sparkle, use a polish with glitter.
- Apply two coats of white polish to your middle finger.
- Using nail glue, carefully apply silver rhinestones to ring finger. You can also try a silver glitter.
- To create the American flag on your middle finger, use a precision art brush to draw a small box at the lower right corner of the nail. Fill in with blue polish. Next, clean the brush with remover and dip it into silver polish to draw on small stars. Clean the brush again and then dip into red polish to create small horizontal stripes.
- Apply a top coat to all your nails to seal and add shine.