Summer is here, which means it’s finally time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the warm weather. Whether you're at the beach, on a boat, or simply just working on your tan this summer, MARS the Salon has found a way for you to unleash your inner mermaid, celebrate the spirit of summer, and set sail with their newest nail designs! These must-have "Let's Get Nautical" and "Mermaid Dreams" nail designs from MARS the Salon owner Hiroko Fujikawa were inspired by classic sailing symbols and designs that personify the signs of summer: sun, sand, waves, etc.
MARS is a professional team of highly talented nail artists who continue master techniques and embrace new trends in order to satisfy their customers fashionable finger needs. This team of artists strives to gratify all customers with inspiring new ideas like their new "Let's Get Nautical" and "Mermaid Dreams" designs, making these the must have manicure of the season.
In order to accentuate the idea of these two new designs, MARS wanted to make people feel as though you could look down at your nails and be instantly reminder of what summer is all about no matter where you might be. So follow these step-by-step techniques to give your nails the hottest new summer look, and before you know it, you'll be ready drop your anchor at your nearest beach in style!
"Lets Get Nautical"
1. Apply a base coat
2. Apply a light blue nail polish to the thumb, middle, and pinky fingers
3. Apply a white nail polish on the index and ring fingers
4. Paint anchors with pink, orange, green, and white nail polish on the thumb
5. Paint stripes with dark blue nail polish across the index and ring fingers
6. Draw a sailboat with white and pink nail polish on the middle finger
7. Draw a lifesaver with orange and white nail polish on the pinky finger
1. Apply a base coat
2. Apply gold glitter nail polish to the thumb and pinky fingers. Apply a light pink nail polish on the index finger, a light blue nail polish on the middle andring fingers, creating half-moon French lines.
3. Apply a darker blue nail polish on the tip of the light blue nail polish and create gradation.
4. Apply a darker blue nail polish on the tip of the gradation part
5. Draw a figure of a mermaid with a light beige nail polish on the middle finger
6. Draw the mermaid's hair with a yellow nail polish
7. Draw the fin of the mermaid with a green nail polish on the middle and ring fingers.
8. Draw the tip of the fin with a light green nail polish
9. Draw a pink shell on the mermaid
10. Draw the outer lines of mermaid
11. Apply a gold glitter nail polish on the tip of index finger, creating gradation
12. Draw a shell with a light purple nail polish on the index finger
13. Draw the outer lines of the shell with a dark purple nail polish
14. Attach multi-colors holograms on the gold glitter area
15. Apply a top coat