As with the red carpet at any award show, we have our best, and we have our worst. We’re blown away at the fantastic stylistic choices of rising starlets such as Lily Collins, Selena Gomez, and Leighton Meester. We’re also equally shocked at the ensembles worn by other celebutantes including Nicki Minaj and Jessica Szohr, but our extreme reactions are definitely not positive. No, instead we struggle to believe how anyone can wear mismatched Louboutins, too-tight bustiers, and crazy colored jumpsuits while attempting to be fashionable! Below are our Top 5 nominees for the ‘Worst Dressed’ category at last night’s MTV Movie awards:
1. Nicki Minaj (to no surprise) stepped onto the red carpet and into the limelight, looking a hot mess. Her wardrobe was so tacky it was almost uncomfortable to look at! The singer’s bustier corset top was far too tight and it unveiled an insane amount of cleavage, while hardly matching her green army-inspired cargos. The TomTom statement necklace was pure Minaj, and as always, she tops our ‘Worst Dressed’ list!
2. Gossip Girl Blake Lively may have a history of being the ‘Belle of the Ball’ at red carpet events, but it seems that even royalty can fall from their throne every now and then. For the event, Blake paired an electric blue knee-length Michael Kors dress with dark purple Christian Louboutin pumps by. Although they’re both spectacular pieces, the two seemed to be competing with each other, and ultimately drowned out Blake’s sophisticated efforts.
3. Former Gossip Girl starlet Jessica Szohr opted for a more casual look, telling MTV, “This is summery, flowy, I feel very comfortable.” She paired a wide-leg Alice + Olivia jumpsuit with Chris Benz heels. We love the heels, but Jessica simply isn’t tall enough to pull of the wide-leg look! Also, the jumpsuit’s print was far too loud for Jessica’s petite figure.
4. Twilight's Elizabeth Reaser attempted a much sexier look than her typical choice of dress. She chose a plunging black mini dress, which may have looked attractive if she went up a size or two. It was far too tight, and made the thin actress look chubby! She later told MTV “I work with stylists. I can’t pick things out!” Hmm, no surprise there.
5. Amanda Bynes paired a tight beige Herve Ledger mini dress with aqua Christian Louboutin fringe heels and a Chanel clutch. While we typically love the Nickelodeon alum’s elegant but fun style, we’re left wondering what went wrong. The dress is far too tight, and makes her look like she’s gained weight during her long absence from the silver screen. We’re also struggling to understand how Bynes managed to find the only ugly pair of Louboutins in the universe- we weren’t sure such a thing existed! On a positive note, we love the added elegance from the Chanel clutch.