As everyone is gearing up for what will be another season of celebrating fashion, New York City leaders are pulling out all the big guns, and boast that this year will be "one to remember." Mayor Michael Bloomberg teamed up with a long list of celebrities, artists, designer retailers, and fashion icons to produce a series of events that will take place Thursday September 8th, 2011 [Note: Dates and Times may differ for some locations] throughout NYC between 6:00pm- 11:00pm.
According to the Official Web page for Fashion's Night Out, proceeds from Thursday night will go towards the New York AIDS Fund. For those of you on a budget here is some good news: The all-new 2011 Volkswagen Jetta will be providing a free cab service between Midtown Manhattan and Soho during 5:00pm-12:00am for shoppers who present proof of receipt from any of the participating registered Fashions Night Out retail locations.
Here are a list of the fab five of Recession Proof events open to the public.
1) Macy’s Herald Square location will be hosting a live event featuring Sean “Diddy” Combs, Kelly Rowland, Kimora Lee Simons, and singer song writer Joss Stone. Attendants can expect additional guest appearance by Tommy Hilfiger, Supermodel Kaolina Kurkova, and Shay Mitchell star of ABC’s “Pretty Little Liars”. INC Editor at Large Anna Dello Russo, Karolina Kurkova, and Kelly Osbourne will host a panel for a live interview. The interview will be followed by a live performance fromTrain.
2) Bloomingdale's located at 1000 Third Avenue boasts events on every floor. Michael Kors in the flesh will grant photo ops on floor 1. Iron Chef Morimoto will appear for a live cooking demo on floor 6. Tango lessons with models at the Lancome counter are just a few that will kick off the evening.
3) Barney’s located on 660 Madison Avenue will promoting marked off items (Friday September 10th 6-10pm). Attendants will have the chance to meet and mingle with fashion icons Mary-Kate + Ashley Olsen, Daphne Guinness, Simon Doonan and more. Fashion veterans The Proenza Boys, Rodarte, The Rag & Bone Boys, and Alexander Wang are also expected to make an appearance. Additional activities include photo ops, ping pong, and musical chairs.
4) Lord & Taylor located at 424 Fifth Avenue will feature New York City’s Male Fire Fighters promoting the new 2012 calendar along with New York Jets Flight Crew cheerleaders at 8;00pm. Top Model judge Nigel Barker will also be on hand to take photos of guests. Attendants that arrive early will receive a key which may unlock one of several great prizes.
5) The Victoria’s Secret store at 591 Broadway in Soho will feature angels Chanel Iman, Adriana Lima and Doutzen Kroes between 4:00pm-11:00pm. Angels will be signing autographs for customers.
For More Info Go To: http://fashionsnightout.com/fno
Like What You’ve Read? Share Your Thoughts (Comment Below):