“Dinner and a movie tonight?” This is the typical question one partner says to the other on when that sweet Friday comes around. Sure, dinner and movies are fun, once in a while, but they are also costly and can be, well, stale.
Studies show that engaging in new activities with your partner can bring you emotionally closer to one another. So, let’s bring you two closer and feeling good about yourselves with these 5 new and fun date ideas:
1. Volunteer with a kid’s group (i.e. Boys & Girls Club, Friendship Circle). Working with kids will allow you to spend a lot of time together while getting to act like kids yourselves! These organizations often offer dinners and even retreats you both can experience together—A sure way to have a lot of fun while also making a difference.
2. Have fun while volunteering at a local state park. You can go to the park for more information or do some online research. Volunteering at a beach park is the perfect summer date as it is fun, adventurous, and romantic all at the same time.
3. If you and your partner like animals, try volunteering at your local animal shelter. Not only is taking the adorable pups on a walk fun, but it also allows for some casual smooch moments. Another plus? People will come up to you and say, “Cute dog!” and then you can beam at each other like proud parents.
4. Have a grandparent in an assisted-living community? Even if you don’t, you and your partner can learn more about each other (and see his/her gentler side) by volunteering and helping the seniors out.
5. One of my personal favorites is a volunteer walk, hike, or run for charity. You get to spend the day together and be physically active all while helping other people at the same time. A triple threat!
Get ready; get set; go date! And oh, yeah, pet that cute dog you've been walking for us :)