The first New York City Vegetarian Food Festival last Sunday was a success! With a down-the-block and around-the-corner line, some guests ended up waiting over three hours just to get into the festival. Here's a look at what was inside.
Our favorite foods:
- Regal Vegan: Faux Gras: a toasted walnut and lentil pate that tastes just like the real thing! We had it on a vegetarian bahn mi sandwich--delicious!
- Luna & Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss: Ice cream made from coconut milk. The Cherry Amaretto and Cappuccino were our favorite flavors.
- Liz Lovely Baked Goods: These vegan, organic cookies were so good we couldn't even tell they were vegan. Our favorite was the cinnamon-y Snickerdoodle.
- Earth Balance Soymilk: A intensely chocolatey, smooth, silky soymilk.
- Vegan Marshmallows: There were multiple booths offering vegan marshmallows...Could this possibly be a new trend to keep an eye out for? We'll see! All of the varieties were delicious, so we wouldn't be too upset if it is.
We look forward to seeing how this festival develops in the coming years!