The first of it's kind, the April 5th Tasting Brooklyn event transformed even the most prudent of eaters into ravenous, insatiable beasts. Mouths chewed and hands grasped for the juiciest and sweetest generously portioned samples from more than 25 of Brooklyn's best restaurants and vendors. Amid the gluttonous haze, eyes appeared as glazed over as a jelly donut.
- Stone Park Cafe's Cappuccino Chocolate Cheescake: Joonbug's favorite, this divinely creamy cappuccino cheescake was topped with a cinnamon crème anglaise and a roof of chocolate. It was so incredibly delicious, we wanted a second helping and are craving it the very next day. A trip to this Park Slope restaurant is in the making. http://stoneparkcafe.com
- Fairway Market's Mini Crab Cake and Tartar Sauce: New Yorkers' most beloved food store, Fairway did not disappoint with their sensationally flavorful mini crab cakes. To make these summer-perfect bites at home, check out Fairway's recipe here.
- Robicelli's Breuckelen Cupcake: Find this! Order this now! Robicelli's cupcake consisted of a Danish-inspired apple cake and cinnamon caramel butter cream, topped with stroopwafel and absolute deliciousness. Although Robicelli's has yet to have it's own shop, it undoubtedly will in the future. Get 'em while you still can. www.robicellis.com
- Barrio's Braised Short Rib Soft Taquito: Topped with cilantro, crema nata and rolled in a warm homemade tortilla, these one-bite samples quickly turned into three bites worth. We couldn't get enough of the tender short rib and creamy crema nata. Rumor has it that Barrio has an expansive outdoor eating area; when it gets warm, we'll be there. http://barriofoods.com Photo Courtesy of http://naturibeauty.com/blog/
- The Chocolate Room's Chocolate Caramel Popcorn: Not overly sweet, this munchable treat was drizzled in rich chocolate, handed out in brown paper bags, and astoundingly easy to eat in under 45 seconds. Never before has salt and sugar merged so deliciously. www.thechocolateroombrooklyn.com
- Palo Santo's Braised Rabbit Tacos: Covered in guacamole, salsa verde and pablano, this Latin American sample's tender rabbit and creamy toppings made it a stand out. For a taste of the unsual, order Braised Bison Tail and Hen off the restaurant's dinner menu. http://palosanto.us/
- Ayala's Herbal Water: Who knew Lavendar Mint water could be so good? Other flavors we tried: Lemongrass Mint Vanilla, Cinnamon Orange Peel and more. Check out where to find it here.With it's refreshing blast and floral aftertaste, this zero-calorie, zero preservative and zero artificial flavoring drink managed to wash down our hour of non-stop eating. How it did, we may never know.