- Make your mama's heart melt this Mother's Day by booking a two hour brunch or three hour dinner cruise aboard the Hornblower Hybrid. May 13th at 12pm, the ship will sail along the New York Harbor for brunch and at 7pm for dinner, both featuring live entertainment. The ship sails from Pier 40 at the Westside Highway and Houston Street. The perfect gift for the eco conscious mom, this Hybrid has both stunning architectural design, as well as environmentally friendly elements including repurposed and recycled materials, recycled glass Vetrazzo countertops, and low voltage LED mood lighting. The ship also has oversized windows, a viewing atrium, and two outdoor sundecks, giving prime viewing opportunities to guests.
Brunch: The brunch cruise will feature food stations with freshly prepared breakfast favorites, lunch offerings like free-range rosemary garlic chicken and harvest paella, and a full dessert table. Guests will receive a complimentary sparkling wine or mimosa and there will be additional libations for purchase.
Dinner: The dinner cruise features a four-course meal, accompanied by a complimentary rose for mom and sparkling wine along with dessert. The dinner begins with the chef's selected amuse bouche and a starter of either lobster bisque or baby greens. Entree selections include petite filet mignon, seafood ravioli and honey-soy broiled wild salmon, topped off with a sweet ending dessert sampler.
Cruise tickets for brunch are $57.70 per person and dinner cruise tickets are $99 per person. Reservations can be made by calling 1-888-467-6256.
- Looking for something offbeat? Take Mom to Listen to Your Mother, a national series of readings in celebration of motherhood, on May 6th at 2pm at the JCC in Manhattan. This is the third year of the series, with nearly 150 authors, writers, bloggers, and performers across the country reading their own essays which give voice to the beauty, beast, and barely rested of motherhood. This performance will be hosted by TV personality, author, and blogger Rene Syler. She launched her own website, www.goodenoughmother.com, which is a forum to discuss parenting issues. The show is directed by Broadway and TV actress and author Amy Wilson. This showing will feature readings from Abby Sher, Una LaMarche, Alysia Reiner, Eve Lederman, Howard Margulies, Estelle Sobel Erasmus, Kathy Curto, Patty Chang Anker, Deborah Goldstein, Kathy Mayer, Kirsten Piccini, Jonny Schremmer, and Ilana Wiles. The show will be donating 10% of proceeds to Room to Grow, a non-profit organization focused on providing developmental services to young children. $30 tickets can be purchased here.
- Celebrate your mommy at Sushisamba for their special Mother's Day Brunch on May 13th from 11am-4pm. Both NYC locations will be offering up a selection of tasty Japanese, Peruvian, and Brazilian inspired dishes in addition to their regular a la carte menu. Specials include housemade quinoa waffles, lobster eggs benedict and snow crab frittata. Yum! There will also be live music by Bossa Nova band and all mama's will receive a Mother's Day cocktail made of freshly muddle orange, triple sec, orange juice, and fresh guava.
- Mom's the word at Highpoint Bistro & Bar on the 13th, with a special brunch being served from 11:30am-4pm for $39. There will also be a special dinner served from 4pm-10:30pm. There will be delicious cocktails and plenty of good eats at the Chelsea neighborhood bar fave. Some of the menu items include entrees such as jumbo lump crab cake, lobster cobb salad, bone-in pork chop, not your mother's meatloaf, and more. Call 646-410-0120 to book your res!
- Patsy's Italian Restaurant is hosting elegant lunch and dinner prix fixe menus for Mother's Day for $59. Offerings include roasted peppers and mozzarella, chicken cacciatore, eggplant parmigiana, and much more. Guests can also choose a treat from their extensive dessert cart. In addition, every mother who dines at Patsy's will receive their choice of Patsy's homemade sauce. Score!
- Executive Chef Scott Riesenberger and the Hudson are pairing up to offer mom's a day to remember. Sunday they will be open from 11:30am-7pm, and weather permitting, the restaurant will offer stunning outdoor seating facing the Hudson River. This resto, located just 45 minutes outside the city, is a great farm-to-table eatery inside the historic Haymount House property, a gorgeous colonial mansion. The restaurant underwent extensive renovations before opening earlier this month and features rich wood tables, tranquil lighting, and an antique marble fireplace, making the setting perfect for Mother's Day. There will be a $55 prix fixe three course menu ($20 for kids) featuring savory, fresh, and flavorful dishes such as chilled lobster carpaccio, Belgium waffles, and slow cooked salmon.
- Put some spice in your mama's life by celebrating Mother's Day at Spice Market. Executive Chef Anthony Ricco has created a special four course prix fixe menu just for the occasion. Dish highlights include lobster rolls with a siracha emulsion, shrimp tod mon pla with cucumber and peanut relish, grilled strip steak, and lychee raspberry opera cake for those with a sweet tooth. Reserve your spot now for $66 a person.