When the countdown to the holidays begins, it can feel as though we are embarking on a shopping, gifting and wrapping marathon. Overcrowded malls, crazed and cranky customers, expensive shipping policies, and an infinite amount of options that never seem to fulfill your specific celebratory needs, the list goes on and on. But never fear, Glam Damn It has got you covered with holiday guides to help you get through the New Year without losing that festive feeling, especially when it comes to your most fashionable of friends.
What to buy for someone who basically bought everything from Gilt Group, One Kings Lane, and The Outnet already? Try sticking to staples, with a twist. Here's a list of must-have accessories.
There are a few approaches you could take to your ensemble come 4th of July and depending on what styles you like, we think we have one that will fit your needs. Read on and get inspired by these looks for your day of dazzling out with American pride!
Classic + Clean
For those of you who appreciate preppy appeal, this one is a shout out specifically to you. There is never anything wrong with going for a simple, classic look on the 4th of July and if you’ll be out and about, or walking around, this is a great way to stay looking fashionable while feeling comfortable. We love the combination of these Marc by Marc Jacobs Slip on Loafers ($275), paired with this classic white button-down ($42.50), and these polka-dot organza shorts ($130) to jazz the look up a little!
Memorial Day weekend is almost here and with it comes parties, barbecues, beach time, and lots, and lots, of fun activities. Now we just need to figure out what to wear! Whether you're hitting the Hamptons, Cape Cod, or Miami you'll need great style. Here are a few great summery essentials we love that include trends of the season from floral prints, to white, bright, and color blocking. It’s time to start packin’!
Clutch or Bag- That is the question!
Whether it is an all weekend event, or a couple hours for the day, make your choice of handbag accordingly. We love these summery styles as the blue and white stripe clutch by Rag & Bone shows a little nautical spirit, and Club Monaco’s Goldie Moroccan Bag has that beachy feel to it with the wicker weave and the gold-dipped bottom.
Street style "fashiontographer" and Jak and Jil blogger, takes his creative eye to the next level by collaborating with Club Monaco. Tommy's precise eye for anything that screams fashion and Club Monaco's flawless aesthetic makes this collaboration superb! These limited edition bags were featured on attendees during NYFW in a subtle manner --making them even more appealing. The women's messenger and men's backpack retail for $198-$225 (WWD.com), but will not be for sale until March 19th. The bags will be available in select locations including the 20th Street Club Monaco store in NYC and exclusively through Tommy Ton.
New York Cares is New York City's largest volunteer organization-- running programs for 1,200 nonprofits, city agencies and public schools. Their staff partners with organizations to identify needs, create projects, and train teams of volunteers to make a lasting difference in New York.
And! With that being said, the amazing, successful New York Cares is having their annual Happy Hour this coming Thursday, September 22nd at M1-5 from 7-10pm.
Hang out with your friends while enjoying complimentary drinks from Sam Adams and Tuthilltown Rum. Food will also be available for purchase.
Sugar, spice, and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of. That, and an infallible ability to fake anything. We've made faking it such a precise science that we can now effortlessly fake our hair colors, skin tones, bra sizes, and even one other thing we need not mention. Any true betch knows that to really get ahead, she's gotta fake it til she makes it. But, the age old question still lingers: how do we show off our amazing style and appease our affinity for extremely expensive designer duds when we're ballers on budgets?
Tomorrow, BHLDN is debuting their first online sale ever. In order to be part of their secret sale you must sign up for their email list by tonight! For 2 days you can shop their elegant dresses, jewelry, shoes and lingerie at majorly discounted prices!
Club Monaco Sample Sale- Ends tomorrow (Thursday, July 21st)
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale- Ends August 1st
Saks Consolidation Sale: Ends July 31st for women and August 14th for men
Calf length, floor length, or above the knee -whichever length you decide is right for you, the pleated skirt is a clothing staple this summer. This season we are viewing the skirts in cotton, silk and chiffon in a multitude of shades from citrus brights through to muted neutrals.
The best example of the latter is the nude, sheer chiffon number, seen on the catwalks of Chloe's S/S collection. For a wallet friendly version, Zara has a gorgeous nude/cocoa, calf length style in chiffon. Anne Klein also has a classic, flowy nude style. For those looking to add color Club Monaco's light and breezy cotton style is a great option. The lemon shade adds a pop of color whilst keeping the style easy to wear for daytime.
The holiday season is the perfect time of year to jazz up your jewelry. Leave that perfect pair of diamond studs on your holiday wish list for someone else to buy and head out to one of the many stores in town carrying a sparkling array of affordable and beautiful baubles.
For the budget-conscious gal, the holiday season offers an occasion to stock up on a stunning selection of chandelier earrings, chunky bracelets and eye-catching necklaces. Less is not more this season. Leave the understated jewelry for the everyday and step out in style with layers of CZ, faux gold and a rainbow of Swarovski crystals.
- 3/22 - Come and celebrate Housing Works’ new thrift shop. Watch the documentary premiere of Derek Loves Housing Works with Derek Warburton at the Hells Kitchen location. Enjoy cocktails while browsing Spring looks; 730-732 Ninth Ave; (646-963-2665); (6 p.m)
- 3/23 - Haute House PR & Marketing will host a Fall 2010 Press Preview. RSVP required.The Shoreham Hotel; 33 West 55th Street.
- 3/23 - Fashion Happy Hour at ABPR. One of the leading PR agencies in NYC, Alison Brod Public Relations, invites you for cocktails and Fall 2010 previews. RSVP required. 373 Park Avenue, NYC; (5pm)
- 3/23 - Fashion 2.0: Luxe vs. Mass, sponsored by thefind.com will compare social media and e-commerce in their March 2010 networking event. Speakers include: Rafe Totengco - Designer, CEO, Rafe NYC, Kerry Bannigan, CEO, Nolcha Aaron Mandelbaum, Big M Inc (Mandee, Annie Sez, Afaze). Dave Cook, Director of Marketing, TheFind. RSVP Required; Audrey Lounge at The W Hotel Tuscany; 120 East 39th Street; (RSVP here); (6-8pm)
- 3/23 - Macy's, Paper Magazine and Luigi Tadini will come together to launch the Ruffian for Threads and Heirs bevy. Come out and enjoy a night with the industry's rising stars. RSVP required. Ace Hotel; (7-10pm)
- 3/23 - Espirit launches their first NYC flagship store, with cocktails, hors d'eurves, giveaways and live performances. RSVP required. Esprit's New Flagship Store (7pm)
- 3/23 - Harper's Bazaar and The One Group will host the opening of The Collective. A night not to be missed. The Collective (7-10pm)
- 3/24 - Famed denim company, Citizens of Humanity, are coming to New York for their Fall 2010 preview. RSVP for an appointment. 95 Fifth Avenue, NYC
- 3/24 - After we bumped into Oscar De La Renta's son, Moises De La Renta, last week - we were pleased to learn Moises will be launching his Mango Collection Wednesday. Enjoy! RSVP Required. 79 Crosby Street; (3pm)
- 3/24 - Blanc De Chine will host their post-fashion week runway presentation this week, with stellar clothes in tow. 673 Fifth Avenue, NYC; (5:30pm)
- 3/24 - Franky L'Official will team up with Dr. Brian Bonanni, Medical Director of Gotham Skincare for their store grand opening, with hair and skin consultations in tow of manicures and pedicures, all complimentary. RSVP required. 1063 Madison Avenue, NYC; (6pm); firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3/25 - Ann Taylor will show their Fall 2010 collection - by way of the sophistication for an older market. RSVP required. 20 W. 29th Street; (6pm)
- 3/25 - Club Monaco will celebrate its collaborations with celebrity photographer, Bert Stern at their flagship store. Network with CEO's and enjoy cocktails. RSVP required. 160 Fifth Avenue; (7pm)
- 3/25 - Saks Fifth Avenue will host a philanthopist event, Spring Into Style, with the Cancer Research Institute Young Philanthropist Council. Tickets start $50. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 5th Avenue; (7-10pm); (Purchase tickets here)
- 3/26 - Cure Thrift Shop will host their Spring Home & Fashion Launch Party on Friday. For more information visit their blog. Cure Thrift Shop, 111 E12th Street; (5-10p)
- 3/26 - The underground fashionistas, Tribeca Retail Club, will host a Girl's Night Out Event - full of shopping from independent designers, cocktails and special services. Admission is free, but guest are encouraged to purchase $15 VIP tickets for goody bags, open bar and free services. hacala, 394 Broadway; (6–11pm). Admission: Free; VIP tickets: $15. RSVP at trc2010.eventsbot.com.
- 3/27 - Come and celebrate W Magazine’s first shopping issue, “Shop W Style”, in the meatpacking district. Select stores, in the likes of Catherine Malandrino, Theory, and Tory Burch, will host special offers & activities. In tow will be makeup applications by Shiseido expert, Renato Almeida and private style sessions from Hugo Boss. Shop W Style Lounge, The Standard, 69 Little W. 12th St; (10–6pm).