There are several benefits to bringing your lunch to work instead of going out to grab a bite.
Buying groceries and cooking yourself is most often more cost-effective than eating marked-up meals at restaurants.
Save The Environment.
Your lunch-to-go probably includes a disposable paper bag, napkins, condiments, utensils, wrappers, containers and more that end up in the trash.
Large lunch specials and combos, especially fast food, often contain more calories than you'd expect. Keep it healthy with more appropriately portioned meals.
- Now – 12th, Noon – 7:30 PM, Mackage Sample Sale, 275 W. 39th Street (near Eighth Avenue), 7th floor, (212) 391-5287
Outerwear for men and women up to 50 % off.
- December 11th – 12th, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Nanette Lepore Store and Sample Sale, 225 W. 35th Street, 4th floor, (212) 764-8810
- December 11th - 12th, Gerard Yosca, 39 W. 38th Street (near 5th Avenue), 7th floor,
50-70% off jewelry. Cash Only.
- December 11th-12th, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Proenza Schouler Sample Sale, 120 Walker Street (between Centre & Baxter Street), 6th floor
Tops, bottoms, dresses and shoes at 50% off and more!
- Now – December 13th, Diane von Furstenburg Sample Sale, 260 Fifth Avenue, between 28th and 29th Street, (212) 725-5400
Dresses, coats, gowns, sweaters and more at up to 75% off.
Thursday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM; Friday, 9 AM - 5:30 PM; Saturday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- December 11th – 13th, Alexander Wang Sample Sale, 386 Broadway (between Walker and White Street), (212) 532-3103
Up to 75% off dresses, jackets and leather.
- Now – 12th, 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Eugenia Kim Store Sale, 347 W. 36th Street (near Ninth Avenue), Suite 502, (212) 674-1345
50 to 70 % off headbands, hats and belts for women and men.
- December 11th - 13th, Catherine Malandrino and Estee Lauder Event, Americana Manhasset, 2108 Northern Boulevard, Manhasset, NY
Come view the Catherine Malandrino Holiday Collections featuring exclusive pigments designed by Estee Lauder. Buy any Catherine Malandrino product and receive a complimentary make-over, brow shaping and individual lash application.
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM, alice + olivia sample sale, 261 W. 36th Street (between 7th and 8th Avenue), 2nd Floor, NYC
- 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Greene Street, SoHo "Block Party", Greene Street between Houston and Broome, NYC
5% of all proceeds will be donated to Baby Buggy, a charity which aides impoverished families living in NYC's five boroughs. Participating stores include: Kirna Zabete, Rosie Pope, SPACE.NK, apothecary, Anya Hindmarch, Cotelac, La Perla, Jill Stuart and more.
- December 11th 11:00 AM - December 13th 8:00 PM, IISLI Sample Sale, 25 Bond Street (between Bowery & Lafayette), NYC
Featuring discounts up to 70% off fall merchandise and a large selection of one-of-a-kind samples.
- December 11th 11:00 AM - December 12th 7:00 PM, Breil Milano Spring Summer ‘09 Presentation, 148 Spring Street (between Wooster and West Broadway) NYC
- 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Anthony Nak Holiday Sale, Zing USA, 1 Union Square West, Suite 509, NYC
Everything 50% to 75% off.
- 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Ksubi Women's & Men's Xmas Sample Sale, 219 Mulberry Street (between Spring and Prince Streets), NYC
40% off all stock in store and new season unreleased samples starting from $50.
- 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Alexander Wang Fall 2008 sample sale, 386 Broadway between Walker and White, NYC
- 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Temperley London's Holiday Bazaar, 453 Broome Street (at Mercer), 2nd Floor, NYC
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Kallista the Laura Kirar Collection, 85 Fifth Avenue, 2nd floor, NYC
- 6:00 PM - C.L.A.S.S. New York Launch, 233 Park Avenue South and 19th Street, NYC
Designers & Agents Co-Founder, Barbara Kramer Co-Hosts C.L.A.S.S. New York Launch and Round-Table Discussion on Sustainable Fashion.
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Justin Tranter Unveils Fame Jewelry for Brooklyn Launch Party, Alter, 140 Franklin Street, Brooklyn, NY
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Foley & Corinna Holiday Party, 106 Seventh Avenue, 6th Floor, NYC
Hosted by Dana Foley. By invite-only.
- 8:00 PM - The Lunchbox Auction Presented by Gourmet, 450 W. 15th Street, NYC
Proceeds support the Lunch Box Fund, a division of the Food Bank For New York City, which provides lunch to impoverished school children in the township schools of Soweto.
- 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM, JINGLE, 345 West 13th Street #1G, NYC
Annual holiday event in Murray Hill featuring cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, a raffle and special performances by David Raleigh and Australian Pop Star Nathan Leigh Jones.