As women, we all try to look our best most of the time, and during the warm summer weather we need good strategies to do so while soaking up some sun at the beach or having fun in the pool. Yes we know, waterproof makeup doesn’t always get the best rep however, with the right products, it can make for easy up-keep in those makeup not-so-friendly situations. Here are some of our favorite top-rated waterproof cosmetics that will have you ready for the sun, water, humidity, and anything else mother nature throws your way this summer.
Beauty lovers, behold! Spring just got a whole lot hotter! (And we're not talking about the weather!) Voluptuous red pouts made their classic marks on seasons past, but they are definitely (and devilishly) here to stay. Luckily, for the spring and upcoming summer season, the perfect red pout doesn't show up to the party alone; she's invited three hot friends: fuchsia, melon, and orange. Because these colors are all so hot this season, we’re going to point you in the right direction of all the kissable hues you just have to get your hands on!
Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Adored with keep you feeling fun and flirty while wearing this powerfully pink pucker in. This is our favorite of six luscious shades boasting hydration, color, and shine. Snag it on QVC.com for $22.
In a world where people are fake and their noses are faker, it’s quite difficult to find something natural. Or rather, it was. Last week, Sephora launched its, and the world’s, first ever unretouched make up campaign. The ad features a model holding a camera, about to take a picture of herself. Her makeup and skin look absolutely perfect, and we would otherwise believe that the ad is photoshoped, if not for the bold statement in the center of the page: “You’re looking at the first unretouched makeup ad.”
The ad is for Sephora’s new Make Up For Ever brand, and it began appearing in major magazines this month. The product featured is Make Up For Ever’s new HD Invisible Cover Foundation. Sephora claims that while wearing the foundation, even high definition photography will “struggle to find imperfections.”
The celebrities have them. Disney characters have them. Now you can, too! Forget the expensive serums and lash extensions, here are some cost-effective ways to obtain glamorous lashes.
1. Makeup Forever Smokey Lash: This mascara is like magic in a tube, enough said. ($22 at Sephora)
2. Mod Lash: A fashionista must-have! Just under $5 at your local Walgreens, Mod Lash comes in several styles and can easily be applied with your fingers. Once applied, your lashes will look full and lovely, but most of all, your lashes will look real.
3. L'Oreal Lash Boosting Serum: It takes up to 4 weeks, but if used correctly, you will have ultra long and natural lashes. ($11.99 at Walgreens)
If you do not have a disposable income, shopping for the trends can burn a hole through your wallet. Luckily, here are some tips to help you stay fashionable through any season without breaking your bank.
1. Leggings: From sand to snow, leggings can be the foundation to any look. They can take the place of a snug pair of jeans or even be worn under a sun dress. You can never have enough pairs of black leggings, stock up with Forever 21's Stretchy Ankle Leggings.
Halloween means massive parties and long nights. A fashionista needs to be as chic as possible for as long as possible. Here are some invaluable tips that will make Halloween a lasting one for the party girl.
1. Keep your eyes awake with Clinique's De-Puffing Eye Massage. This magic necessity instantly gives your eyes a surge of energy with a cool and refreshing tingle.
2. Covergirl's Outlast Double Lip Shine holds for up to 10 hours. For the perfect pout, try Outlast in Candy Apple.