MOZZARELLA AND RED PEPPER SANDWICH
The name of the game is preparation, ladies and gentlemen. The point of a picnic is to pick a spot, put down a blanket, and eat. Prepare this healthy, delicious and easy meal ahead of time.
A word to the wise when preparing a picnic or any bagged lunch: prepare something that will only get better the longer you wait to eat it. We've all had to suffer through soggy sandwiches, so give yourself a rest and try something that will only taste better over time as the flavors blend: Tortellini Salad.
You will need:
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste