The lipstick brand that Exudes confidence has finally made its way into a storefront. Previously, Exude Lipstick was only available on the company's website, but now it will be available at Manhasset, New York's Beauty Bar (as well as on BeautyBar.com).
Exude was chosen by InStyle Magazine as the top lipstick of 2012, has been featured on the Today Show, and comes in nine beautiful colors (lip gloss available in 5 colors). The brand has done what no other lipstick out there has ever thought of: created a precise crystal applicator (shaped like a traditional lipstick) which dispenses the perfect amount of pigment onto your lips. The permanency of the applicator ensures the lipstick never loses its shape! So there's no need to drag along lipstick brushes like when a typical lipstick goes wonky. Genius!
Freshly spanked and squalling, the newbies of the NYC night scene have arrived intent on cajoling their way into the upper echelons! The nightlife game being “feast or famine” at best—perhaps even more so in NYC—the question ultimately becomes: How do these new kids on the block separate themselves from the pack? Whether it be through a versatile blend of attractive ambiance, eclectic food & drink, and hot beats—these spots are invariably wreathed in the “new bar perfume” and eager for their close-up!
Here are six of the newest recruits!
Looking to flex your brain muscles? Looking to get drunk in the process? The Beauty Bar in Brooklyn offers up The fly, Biosphere Trivia and Spelling ordeal every Thursday night from 7-10pm to fullfill such odd needs. The night's winner gets the best prize a boozer can ask for: their bar tab covered for the night! So, if your feeling confident, you can get as drunk as you please with no monetary consequences. Buy me a beer while you're at it (if you see me there).
The trivia caters to all types of knowlege, from Astrophysics to Transformers, so feel free to bring your smartest friend and your laziest one who doesn't get off the couch. Guest hosts and spelling bee shots questions add to the unpredictable and hilarious fun of the evening.
Lincoln Hall, Chicago, IL
- Thurs 12/9 - Bryan Greenberg, Jessica Robbins - 8PM
- Fri 12/10 - Badly Drawn Boy, Justin Jones - 9PM
- Sat 12/11 - Punch Brothers - 9PM
- Sun 12/12 - Punch Brothers - 9PM
- Mon 12/13 - Tricky, Striz
Park West, Chicago, IL
- Thurs 12/9 - Todd Rundgren's Johnson
- Mon 12/13 - The Canadian Tenors
The Empty Bottle, Chicago, IL
- Tues 12/7 - White Hinterland, Magical Beautiful, Call Me on the Allophone - 9:30PM
- Wed 12/8 - Mickey, Dumpster Babies, Empty Heads - 9:30PM
- Thurs 12/9 - Lesser Birds of Paradise, Lighthouse & The Whaler - 9:30PM
- Fri 12/10 - The Hoyle Brothers - 5:30PM
- Fri 12/10 - Killing Joke, Bloodiest - 10PM
- Sat 12/11 - Handmade Market - 11AM
- Sat 12/11 - Killing Joke, Beak - 10PM
- Sun 12/12 - Bad Cop, Pink Torpedo, Life Partner - 7PM
- Sun 12/12 - Hot Grits! featuring DJ Jacob Ross - 10PM
- Mon 12/13 - Sybris, APteka, Secret Colours - 9:30PM
Scene: Bar, Nail Salon
231 East 14th Street
(between 2nd and 3rd Avenue)
New York, New York 10003
Known for their alluring $10 martini and manicure deal, the Beauty Bar is one watering hole that you ladies don’t want to miss. With six locations, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and Austin, Beauty Bar is a little bit more than what some would call well established. What was once known as “Thomas Beauty Salon,” is now a beauty saloon recreated by Paul Devitt back in 1995. Decked out chrome dome hair dryers and 50’s styled décor create the perfect atmosphere for sipping a martini and getting manicured.