Recently, the popularity of crafting and DIY (Do It Yourself) projects has been on the rise. You see it all over the internet, particularly on sites like Pinterest. People are choosing to get creative with everything from beauty, food recipes, furniture, jewelry, and clothing. And they’re teaching you, the reader, how to do it in step-by-step formats. Usually with beautifully photographed instructions that make you think, “What can’t this girl do?”
With a penchant for mixing vintage with new and combining unexpected colors, textures, and shapes for an ever-so-chic result, we are loving the style of the gorgeous Peony Lim!
Though you may not be familiar with the London-based stylist and blogger by name alone, if you have ever looked through street-style sites such as The Sartorialist, Citizen Couture, Vanessa Jackman or even Vogue.com, you have most certainly spotted Lim in one divine look after another.
If there’s one thing she is not, it’s afraid to take risks and stand out in a crowd!
Her polished yet slightly quirky aesthetic comes together as a culmination of sleek, structured shapes with a touch of fun, unexpected embellishments and a nod to old Hollywood glamour. To achieve a look similar to Lim’s, be sure to anchor your outfit with a tailored piece such as a sharp trouser, or a blazer or coat, and mix in vintage or vintage-inspired elements; the more colorful or furry the accoutrements, the better.
- 3/30 - A "Standard Issue" Spring 2010 event will take over Williamsburg,
where cocktails and Fall 2010 previews will take place. The issue, by
Hyden Yoo, will also take note of Yoo's Spring 2010 men's collection.
RSVP Required. Oak Williamsburg; 208 N.8th street, Brooklyn, NY; (6-9pm)
- Through 3/31 - Donate a pair of gently worn shoes to Soles4Souls to receive 20 percent off a new pair at Kenneth Cole. All donated footwear will be distrubuted to Haiti. Visit kennethcole.com for more information.
- 3/31 - Ted Rossi will host a press preview for his very eccentric Fall 2010 accessories collection. Make your appointment quick to see what's hot. RSVP Required. 15 E 30th Street, NYC; (10am)
- 3/31 - Convent will host its opening party this week; inviting guests to come out for drinks, great music, video installations, and Travis Wayne's new concept store. RSVP Required. Fat Baby, 112 Rivington St, New York, NY; (9-2am)
- 4/1 - The Green Room invites editors, stylist and bloggers to come out and preview Fall 2010 collections of young women designers. Appointment required. The Green Room NYC; 530 7th Ave Rm 909, New York, NY 10018; (9-7pm)
- 4/1 - Come out and meet Rachel Roy and R&B singer, Estelle as Roy debuts her her new exclusive collection. Estelle will be giving a live performance for guest. Macy’s, 151 W. 34th St., (212-695-4400); (6pm)
- 4/1 - Cynthia Rowley will introduce her new collection with Roxy at Barney's. Not to be missed! RSVP Required. Barneys Co-Op, 116 Wooster St., (212-965-9964); (6–8pm)
- 4/3-4/4 - Brooklyn Indie Market will host a marketplace of jewelry, handbags and clothing for men, women and kids; all from young emerging designers. Fun, fun, fun! Location: Smith Street and Union Street, Brooklyn; S (11–7pm), Su (11–6pm).
It's said that Selby will be shooting for Crate and Barrel, as rising It Girl, Becka Diamond, may be landing a starring role in the campaign. Though we're not sure how true this is - considering we've never seen a Crate and Barrel anything with people posing in it.
Regardless, kudos to Selby, as we promote his plot to take over Scott Schumans identity bloggers creating a substantial career for themselves.