Back in 2001, Doo-Ri Chung created her namesake brand and after much success over the past decade, has decided to step down from her position at the fashion house. Though we have little details on the matter as of now, according to WWD, there is a possibility of selling the firm while members of the Tharanco Group, owners of the Doo.Ri brand, evaluate new strategies for the fashion house.
The soft gorgeous draping and goddess-like creations designer Doo-Ri Chung is known for, will soon be available to the masses at a Macy’s near you!
The retail force has taken aim at attracting a younger, more fashion-forward audience with its inception of capsule collections, collaborating with major names in fashion such as, Karl Lagerfeld, Matthew Williamson, and Giambattista Valli, just to name a few.
Chung now enters the ranks with the aforementioned fashion heavy-hitters, with her eponymous line, Doo.Ri, which has been slated as the next collaboration. Doo.Ri has been scheduled to hit select Macy’s stores and Macys.com in February 2012.
Last night, CFDA, Council of Fashion Designers of America, announced the 10 finalists for the 2011 CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund. For 8 consecutive years, the CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund has provided support and encouragement for emerging American designers. This year's winner will receive $300,000, a chance to design a capsule collection for the fund's head sponsor J.Crew, and mentorship from individuals highly regarded in the American fashion industry. Past CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund winners include Billy Reid, Alexander Wang, Doo.Ri, Proenza Schouler, Rogan, Sophie Theallet, and Trovata. The 2011 CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund nominees are:
Dull, dull, dull ! That's what I forever have and always will forever think of Doo.Ri - cute and frilly just isn't for all and sundry. Though, I do commend the designer for her attempts at prominent prints for pre-fall. The collection was full of staple cocktail dresses, with a bit of flair from time to time. Throughout reviewing the collection, I became mesmerized by the same simple silhouette, as my mind drifted to what Lanvin may be possibly be doing for pre-fall. Or better yet, Victoria Beckham's dress line - yes, I became that bored. All in all, Doo.Ri states she's just experimenting for fall - and I hope it begins and ends right here, or I'd advise to bring your sleeping bag to the Fall season show. Oops !
- 7/23 Daffy's Pop Up Store and Apartment, One 7th Avenue South, NYC Launching a pop-up store featuring unique apparel and home goods for men, women, and children, and a contest where consumers can enter to win a $7000/month West Village luxury furnished apartment for $700/month.
- 7/23 Enjoy a free party at Housing Works to celebrate the new collaboration of the thrift shop with Paper magazine and Papermag.com. Editors at the magazine are styling the windows and picking the fashions that will be on sale. Andrew Andrew will D.J. the soiree. Housing Works Gramercy Thrift Shop. 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave.; 6–9. Click here to RSVP.
- 7/23 Feel like a princess trying on dresses at the Vera Wang bridal trunk show. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St., fifth fl. (212-940-2269); Th–S (10–8).
- 7/23 Dresses are $200 to $450, tops are $100 to $250, pants and skirts are $125 to $300, and gowns are less than $1000 at the Doo Ri sample sale. Select shoes and knits are under $100. 39 W. 38th St., nr. Fifth Ave.; Th–F (9–6).
- 7/23 Spring 2009 merchandise is up to 70 percent off at the Billy Reid sale. The Menswear Blazer for women is $285 (originally $475), the Tuscumbia Button Down is $54 (originally $155), and samples from the exclusive Billy Reid Limited Edition collection for men and women are $20 to $100. Bourbon and Southern fried chicken will be served. 54 Bond St., nr. Bowery (212-598-9355); noon–9.
- 7/23 Take 30 to 60 percent off select Jill Stuart collection items at the annual summer sample sale. 100 Greene St., nr. Prince St., (212-343-2300); Th (noon–7), F (11–5).
- 7/23 Juliska Holiday 2009 Press Preview, Barneys New York, 660 Madison Avenue, 8th Floor Penthouse, NYC By appointment only.