Philly show-goers will be treated to an appearance by one of alternative rock's longest running acts when The Lemonheads roll through North Star Bar this Saturday, Oct. 8. The grizzled quartet will bring along some youthful torch-carriers of the genre they helped create, with indie upstarts The Shining Twins and New York Rivals coming for the ride.
Rising out of their punky garage beginnings in 1986, The Lemonheads became one of indie's bigger acts in the early 90s, with several successful singles including a cover of Paul Simon's "Mrs. Robinson." The brainchild of songwriter Evan Dando, The Lemonheads were re-ignited with new members in 2005 after a six-year hiatus. Now as active as ever, Dando is once again ready to bring his signature brand of tunes on the road.
Thursday, September 23rd
- The Cobbs w/ Music For Headphones, DJ Luis Angel Cancel @ Silk City, 6-9 pm, $6
- Swingin’ Utters w/ The Copyrights, Have Nots @ North Star Bar, 6:30 pm, $12-14
- Titus Andronicus w/ Free Energy, The Tough Shits @ Kungfu Necktie, 7:30 pm, $13
- Paula Valstein w/ Joey Ryan, Andrew Belle, Jay Nash, Amber Rubarth @ World Café Live, 8pm, $13
- DJ Sammy Slice w/ DJ Cool Hand Luke @ Silk City, 10 pm, $5