Mother's Day is right around the corner, and instead of waiting last minute to make your plans, we've got a list of great deals going on in the concrete jungle that are sure to make your mom's heart melt. From cruises to shows and of course plenty of grub, here's your guide to giving your mother a day she will surely remember!
- Make your mama's heart melt this Mother's Day by booking a two hour brunch or three hour dinner cruise aboard the Hornblower Hybrid. May 13th at 12pm, the ship will sail along the New York Harbor for brunch and at 7pm for dinner, both featuring live entertainment. The ship sails from Pier 40 at the Westside Highway and Houston Street. The perfect gift for the eco conscious mom, this Hybrid has both stunning architectural design, as well as environmentally friendly elements including repurposed and recycled materials, recycled glass Vetrazzo countertops, and low voltage LED mood lighting. The ship also has oversized windows, a viewing atrium, and two outdoor sundecks, giving prime viewing opportunities to guests.
Liberty State Park in Jersey City now has a something to offer those of us without houseboats and yachts. Executive Chef and owner, Chris Siverson, has graced us all with a new seafood-centric restaurant and event space called Maritime Parc.The building was originally intended as an office space but thankfully Chef Siverson saw more promise than did its designers.
Now, with the help of Stephanie Goto, the building has been turned into a modern space with a svelte design. It has a unique yurt type feel inside with an easy balance of exposed wood and soft fabrics. Each of the three floors has a terrace showing off the Manhattan/Jersey skyline.
- 2/2-2/15- Solutions Denim- Get 40% off any top with the purchase of regularlypriced jeans from brands such as Hudson, Joe's Jeans, J Brand, and CoH. You can also find 75% off other select items in the store); 4677 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles; (T-S, 11-7), (Sun, 12-4).
- 2/4-2/15- Barneys Annual Warehouse Sale- up to 75% off their designer clothing, shoes, and accessories; L.A. Convention Center South Hall, 1201 South Figueroa Street, (at West Pico Boulevard); (2/4-2/5, 8-9), (2/6,9-7), (2/7, 10-7)
- Until merchandise is gone- Madison Fall/Winter Sale- It's as easy as 1-2-3! Especially when you get 50% off the first item you buy, 60% off the second, and 70% off the third. Choose from designers such as Alexander Wang, Elizabeth & James, Chloé, Proenza Schouler, and Yves Saint Laurent and more; Madison 3rd Street, 8745 West 3rd Street, (between S. Robertson Boulevard and Arnaz Drive)
- Ongoing- Mona Moore Sale- Venice shoe boutique will be having a special sale on select designer shoes. You may find it hard to control yourself, especially sicnce you can get the first pair 50% off, two pairs for 60% off, and three pairs for 70% off. Choose from items from Phi, Rick Owens, Marni, Pierre Hardy, and more; (1112 Abbot Kinney Boulevard, (near Westminster Avenue)