Don’t worry folks, your favorite onscreen pirate is still alive and well. Oscar nominee Johnny Depp gave audiences this past Wednesday quite a shock by flirting with death outside the confines of a glowing screen.
Johnny was in East End Street in London filming a scene for his upcoming movie “Mortdecai”. There was security on the closed set but people could still walk by and catch a glimpse of Johnny. People passing by definitely got to witness something that they weren’t expecting. In a dramatic moment, a vintage Rolls Royce drove up and appeared to hit Johnny. You can see in the picture that the car definitely had looked like it had struck him for real. It was all staged, but the audiences hadn’t been prepared to see such a stunt, and we know how people can react when they stumble upon the scene of such an accident.
Summer 2013 has seen a lot of big movies bomb at the box office. Will Smith's $130 million apocalyptic thriller After Earth took in a measly $60 million in the U.S. The $150 million Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx action movie White House Down disappointed with only $70 million domestic. When you factor in that the cost of marketing these films equals their budgets, their lackluster performances are all the more troublesome for Hollywood. But the most infamous bomb of the summer was Walt Disney's $250 million remake of The Lone Ranger,starring Johnny Depp and based on a nearly 80 year-old franchise (because that's something the kids want to see).
On September 19, 2011 little Sophia Grace Brownlee posted a video on Youtube that forever changed her world. Donning a pink tutu, and accompanied by her cousin Rosie McClelland, the talented tot sang along to Nicki Minaj's "Superbass" and won over the hearts of millions of viewers world wide. In 2012 the duo won the Teen Choice Award for "Choice Web Star" and can be seen regularly on the Ellen Degeneres show hosting "Tea Time with Sophia and Grace." The girls have been on fire, and at the tender ages of 10 and 7 respectively, they're world is one filled with endless possibilities. With that, it looks like Sophia Grace can now add "film star" to her impressive resume; we have heard that she has been cast as Little Red in Disney’s upcoming adaption of the musical ‘Into the Woods.'
It seems that Hollywood Heartthrob, Johnny Depp, is beginning to grow tired of the limelight. In an interview with BBC Breakfast, the bad boy revealed that The Lone Ranger may be one of his last films. In the interview, BBC's Susanna Reid asked about a possible retirement, he states "I wouldn't say that I'm dropping out any second, but I would say it's probably not too far away. At a certain point, you start thinking, and when you add up the amount of dialogue that you say per year, for example, and you realize that you've said written words more than you've actually had a chance to say your own words, you start thinking of that as a kind of insane option for a human being." We have to admit he replied very wisely, and we can see where the star is coming from; he has been acting for decades, maybe he really does need to ‘live his life normally’.
- The full set of the official Kristen Stewart/Rupert Sanders cheating photos have been released online! [US Weekly]
- Lindsay Lohan went topless for upcoming movie The Canyons and the diva demanded the crew strip down too. [Page Six]
- Katie Holmes steps out with mystery man looking happier than ever. [DListed]
- Johnny Depp gets dumped by homewrecking Amber Heard? [Showbiz Spy]
- Justin Bieber gropes Selena Gomez's jugs in the back of a car. [The Justin Bieber Shrine]
- Enough, lady. Demi Moore is apparently STILL calling cheating ex, Ashton Kutcher. [Perez Hilton]
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in apparent custody battle over their dog. [NY Daily News]
- Marriage disaster waiting to happen: Jessica Biel is "shit-flippingly threatened" by Justin Timberblake's relationship with Cameron Diaz. [Jezebel]
- John Travolta thinks Tom Cruise is a "weak" wuss. [Celebrity Dirty Laundry]
- Dane Cook makes stupid joke about Aurora massacre because he's not funny at all. [EW]
- The 2012 VMA award nominations have been announced; include Rihanna and Chris Brown. [MTV]
- Dennis Hopper's son being sued for drugging and raping 15-year-old girl. [TMZ]
- Taylor Swift snogs with a Kennedy; obviously oblivious to the Kennedy man reputation. (Run for the hills, girl!) [HuffPo]
- That kid from Jerry Maguire has grown into his gigantic 8 lb. human head. [HuffPo]
- Ashton Kutcher wants to baby up Mila Kunis? [Entertainment Wise]
- John Mayer debuts 'Queen of California' looking extra mountain hill billy hippie-hipster-ish. We're f*cking confused. [Just Jared]
Johnny Depp is not the only first season vet to appear in the much anticipated revamped flick!
In case you have not heard, Mr. Depp is to make a cameo in the new movie, 21 Jump Street. Before he agreed to appear in the movie, he made sure his former partner and old friend, Peter DeLuise, was to join him. That's a terrific friend!
Also appearing in the movie are Holly Robinson Peete, as well as a small homage to Dustin Nguyen. Only season one characters were to make appearances in the movie, but Richard Grieco is keeping his options open if there is to be a sequel.
Oscar winner Penelope Cruz has everything to be happy. She's married to Javier Bardem, she gave birth to a son in January, she's the first Spanish-born actress to receive a star on the Hollywood's Walk of fame, and one of her best friend is Johnny Depp.
The Pirates of the Caribbean actor has a lot to say about Cruz as a mom, as an actress, and as a costar.
"She's an inconceivably phenomenal mommy, which I've witnessed firsthand, and it's pretty incredible. She's as loyal and true a friend as anyone could ever dream of and I'm very privileged to be able to have her in my life."
Tattoos have become over the years a way to express ourselves. Big, small, on the ankle or on the back, possibilities are almost infinite. But many celebrities seem to prefer one kind of tattoos. The ones with inspirational sayings. Because yes, sometimes, even celebrities need a few words of inspiration...
When we think about it, the chances to see Johnny Depp without a fedora are very small...
That's why the Headwear Association have voted for the Pirates of the Caribbean star. The 47-year-old actor beat Gwen Stefani and Hugh Jackman who were placed second and third placed respectively in the online poll carried out by the Headwear Association.
Justin Timberlake, Kate Hudson and Nicole Richie who were also making the list arrived at fourth, fifth and sixth position.
The Headwear Association exists to "promote hat wearing and the headwear industry throughout the world and to foster goodwill and fellowship among those engaged in the headwear industry."
Rihanna was spotted in Sydney shopping at a mall.
Katie Holmes and Suri enjoyed a mother-daughter shopping afternoon in Vancouver while hubby Tom Cruise was working.
Ashley Tisdale spent the day with her mom, Lisa, in Beverly Hills. They were spotted shopping at a local shopping center.
Johnny Depp was spotted at Narita International Airport in Tokyo. He's there to promote The Tourist.
Lindsey Lohan was spotted leaving the London West Hollywood Hotel yesterday.
Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr and baby boy Flynn arrived in Paris, France, earlier this morning.