This past Wednesday City Harvest's young professionals group, Generation Harvest, held its eleventh annual Summer in the City restaurant tasting and cocktail party at the Metropolitan Pavilion. During the event, guests had the opportunity to participate in a silent auction, featuring numerous goodies, both food and non-food related, as well as sample eats and libations from some of New York's best restaurants and bars. This year's event had over 650 attendees and raised over $230,000 to support City Harvest's mission of feeding NYC's hungry.
Presented by Style360 and held at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City, the Bebe Black Fall 2012 fashion show attracted a packed house of editors, celebrities and fashionistas alike. The wonderful aspect to the Bebe brand is that these are well-made designs, that flatter the body, with attention to detail that many consumers can afford to purchase and enjoy. MTV's Snooki from "Jersey Shore" and Angela Simmons, daughter of rap mogul Russell Simmons (Rev Run) were spotted in the front row. I'll be the first to say, that the Bebe Black Collection had a very up-scale and mature vibe to it. As the playful, funky music began-- out came the first styles. Models featured a Gwen Stefani-type retro look with pin-curl rolled bangs, wavy hair, and a crimson red pout. My initial thought was "sexy secretary" as I noticed the demure hem-lines, but true to the Bebe sense of style -- I knew things were bound to heat up! After I was taken by the initial lady-like looks with a vampy twist, my next favorite was a leopard jacket paired with a skinny cropped pant and accented by a sassy red pointed-toe heel which was so chic! For a special occasion, party or event there were beautiful floor length dresses that hugged every curve of the body in a lush midnight blue velvet or sexy black lace with cut-out detailing.
Whether realizing it or not, accessories are just as important to fashion week as the garments being shown. A pair of shoes, a necklace, or a clutch can completely transform a look, so why not give accessory designers a pat on the back as well?
The Accessories Council, Style360 & Elle combined forces to create an event specifically focused on accessories and dubbed it: The Accessories Lounge. This took place yesterday at the Metropolitan Pavilion where we mingled with fellow bloggers and people in the press as well as learned about new, up-and-coming designers in the accessories market. They even featured a table with mounds and mounds of delicious cupcakes by TLC’s Cake Boss Chef Dana Herbert, to enjoy while taking a tour of the different designers’ presentations. And to top it all off, it even benefited B.R.A- the bra recycling agency.
City Harvest, a non-profit that raises money to feed NYC's hungry folk, held its 17th Annual Bid Against Hunger benefit last Tuesday, October 18th. The event took place at the spacious Metropolitan Pavilion, but it was packed to the brim with Manhattan socialites who've got dough to spend. This year, the event raised over $1 mill (you go CH!)! Featuring a live and silent auction, this event had some of the best items to bid on. In the exciting live auction, some renowned prizes included a one of a kind American Chopper built by Orange County Choppers (sold for $20,000), an intimate wine class and party for 15 with wine director Aldo Sohn and Eric Ripert of Le Bernardin, which sold for $40,000. I think we can all agree...that dinner party better be good! Silent auction items included a range of goodies, including Mets tickets, chocolate baskets, dinners with Brooklynite chefs, and much more. But if you think that's all this event featured, then you are quite mistaken.
Last Tuesday marked the annual Summer in the City restaurant tasting and cocktail party to benefit New York organization City Harvest.
City Harvest is a food rescue organization that is devoted to collecting excess food from restaurants, grocers, farms, and many other food related industries and redistributing it to hundreds of thousands hungry New Yorkers.
Over 600 guests gathered at the Metropolitan Pavilion to sample good food and raise over $270,000, making the event a tremendous success. Rock band Savoir Adore provided the live entertainment and impressed us with their musical talent.
Every year Wine & Spirits magazine conducts an Annual Restaurant Poll to showcase the most popular wines in America's restaurants. They transform the page into an interactive and exciting night of tasting (read: drinking) and eating at the Top of the List Wine Tasting Event!
Not to be missed, this spectacular wine tasting event is on Tuesday, May 10th at the Metropolitan Pavilion from 6:30-8:30pm. Don't forget to get your tickets early because they will sell-out. General admission is $65, while VIP tickets at $95 will get you into the event early.
- 11/19 Burton is hosting a Girl's Night Out shopping event for customers to preview the 2010 collection of outerwear, apparel, and accessories and enjoy complimentary snacks and drinks. The first 100 attendees will receive Burton and Teen Vogue goodie bags, and all guests can enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree. Burton Flagship Store, 106 Spring St., at Mercer St. (212-966-8068); 6–8. RSVP to rsvpNYC@burtonsnowboards.com.
- 11/19 Visit American Eagle Outfitters as the chain opens its new four-level flagship in Times Square. The store will feature some exclusive items such as T-shirts designed by New York City graffiti artists, as well as various other apparel with NYC imagery. The space will also house a denim library with 20,000 pairs of jeans and will feature a 25-story outdoor LED sign that will display photos of shoppers taken in the store's mini-photo studio. American Eagle Outfitters Times Square Flagship, 1551 Broadway, at 46th St.; 10 a.m.–1 a.m.
- 11/19 Meet Caudalíe cofounder Mathilde Thomas and receive a mini-spa treatment with Premier Cru, Caudalíe's new anti-aging cream. Thomas will be at each location from noon to 4 p.m. Sephora 86th and Lex, 144 E. 86th St., nr. Lexington Ave. (212-426-6199); Th (11–5). Sephora Union Square, 45 E. 17th St., nr. Park Ave. S. (212-995-8833); F (11–5).
- 11/19 Support Housing Works at their Fashion for Action charity event. The four-day event kicks off with a shopping preview, cocktail party, and silent auction. Items available include makeovers, clothes, tickets and backstage passes to Bye Bye Birdie, and tickets to several spring 2010 Fashion Week shows, such as Oscar de la Renta and Tracy Reese. Tickets start at $100 and are available at fashionforaction.com. The following three days feature a public sample sale, with $1 million worth of designer merchandise available at 50 to 70 percent off retail prices. Opening night benefit, Rubin Museum of Art, 150 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave.; 6–10. Public sample sale, Chelsea Thrift Shop, 143 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave.; F (10–7), S (10–6), Su (noon–5).
- 11/19 Jessica Szohr joins Bloomingdales and Vogue Eyewear in hosting a Vogue Eyewear Celebrity Styling Event, Bloomingdales 59th St., NYC Jessica and other stylists will help consumers play with various Vogue Eyewear looks by revamping participant's hairstyles, makeup, and eyewear selection. To further capture consumers' new Vogue Eyewear style, professional photos will be offered in both printed and electronic formats. 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- 11/19 New York City UNICEF Snowflake Lighting, Louis Vuitton flagship store, 5th Avenue at 57th Street, NYC Lucy Liu will light the New York City UNICEF Snowflake to kick off the holiday giving season. The evening will also feature a performance by Broadway Kids Care. For additional information please visit http://snowflake.unicefusa.org/. 6:30 PM
- 11/3 Support a good cause and head to the Bubbles, Baubles, and Beauty jewelry and accessories trunk show, where over 40 designers and vendors will showcase their products. Free massages, blowouts, and mini-facials will be available, as well as complimentary mimosas, champagne, and hors d'oeuvres. Twenty percent of the event's proceeds will be donated to the R.E.S.T. Initiative, which gives free massages to cancer patients inside their chemotherapy treatment rooms. The Gallery at Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 10–8. Tickets are $10, or $50 with a VIP goody bag, and can be purchased from benefitoffice.org.
- 11/3 Womenswear, menswear, and accessories are up to 65 percent off at the Fred Perry X Raf Simons sample sale. Avalon Group Showroom, 547 W. 27th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., third fl.; M–F (10–7), S–Su (noon–5).
- 11/3 Select merchandise is up to 40 percent off at Kenneth Cole in honor of Election Day. Various hours and locations.
- 11/3 Vests, jackets, scarves, and more by Adrienne Landau are up to 70 percent off. The rabbit-fur biker jacket is $345 (originally $675), the Lynx rabbit coat is $550 (originally $995), and the Mongolian boa is $50 (originally $125). 519 Eighth Ave., nr. 35th St., 21st fl.; T–Th (10–6).
- 11/3 30th Anniversary of Mr. Chow, 324 E. 57th St., NYC 8:00 PM By invitation only.
- 11/3 Film Festival Premiere of "Dressed," Tribeca Cinemas, NYC 8:45 PM
253 Elizabeth Street
(Cross streets: Prince St. & E. Houston St.)
Price Range: Meduim-High
What do you get when you mix a computer programmer from upstate New York with a wannabe rock star from the south? You get the duo and real life couple Toni Hayden and Ben Harnett better known as Hayden-Harnett. Featured in fashion magazines, on Gossip Girl and spotted down the runway during New York's fashion week, Hayden Harnett is getting plenty of exposure. With a store in NoLita and their main headquarters in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, this duo seems to have the accessories world in their clutch.
- 10/29- Join La Perla representatives for the launch of the company's new bridal corsetry and sleepwear collection. Saks Fifth Avenue. 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St., bridal salon, fifth fl. (212-753-4000); 5–7.
- 10/29- Meet Vogue's Grace Coddington at Clic Gallery, where she'll be signing copies of her book Catwalk Cats. A portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to the Animal Rescue Fund. Call 212-966-2766 to preorder a copy. Clic Gallery, 255 Centre St., nr. Broome St.; 7 p.m.
- 10/29- Meet Bobbi Brown at her new beauty counter at Bloomingdale's. She'll share her signature tips and techniques from noon to 1:30 p.m., and for the rest of the afternoon her Global Beauty Team will be giving complimentary makeup lessons. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., (212-705-2055); noon–6. Call to reserve a space.
- 10/29- Get a complimentary skin consultation and mini-facial at Bloomingdale's with NIA24 and Space NK. Dermatologist Dr. Ariel Ostad will be sharing tips for undoing past — and preventing future — damage to the skin. NIA24 will donate 20 percent of product sales at the event to the American Cancer Society. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2772); 5–8. Call to reserve an appointment.
- 10/29- Check out the new Chanel cosmetics counter at Bloomingdale's. Makeup artist Kate Lee will be on-hand for consultations and Alexa Chung will stop by to D.J. for a portion of the evening. Sip Champagne as you beautify. Bloomingdale's. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St.; Consultations (5–8), Alexa Chung (7:30–8:30).
- 10/29- Leather bags are up to 70 percent off at the Carlos Falchi sample sale. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., seventh fl.; W–Th (10–7).
- 10/29- Merchandise is up to 80 percent off at the Yves Saint Laurent friends-and-family sale. 260 Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl. W–Th (8–8), F (8–2).
- 10/29- Clothing and accessories for boys and girls are up to 75 percent off at the Bonpoint sample sale. Baby coats are $70 to $180 (originally $180 to $450), girls' cardigans and pullovers are $55 (originally $155), boys' pants are $60 (originally $150), and shoes are $35 to $80 (originally $150 to $260). Please note, no strollers allowed on premises. 260 Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fifth fl. W (8–7), Th (8–3).