NEW YORK & COMPANY
Freshly spanked and squalling, the newbies of the NYC night scene have arrived intent on cajoling their way into the upper echelons! The nightlife game being “feast or famine” at best—perhaps even more so in NYC—the question ultimately becomes: How do these new kids on the block separate themselves from the pack? Whether it be through a versatile blend of attractive ambiance, eclectic food & drink, and hot beats—these spots are invariably wreathed in the “new bar perfume” and eager for their close-up!
Here are six of the newest recruits!
Happy Holidays, everyone! With Christmas rapidly approaching, what will you be wearing this holiday season? Now that winter has arrived, adding comfy layers of clothing should be on your Christmas list! Here are a few knit pieces we love.
The Roxy Cozy Up scarf is perfect for this cold brisk weather. Forget that thin sleek silk scarf you purchased last month, the double dare provides the comfort and warmth that is much needed when the temperature drops below 40. Not only is the double dare just as cute as the buttons on its sleeves but it is also affordable. Perfect for the shopper on a budget!
- 3/15 - "Get me Demarchelier!" Interested in Victor Demarchelier - the son of famed Patrick Dermachelier? Clic Galleries is presenting Victor Demarchelier's first solo show in New York through April 5th, with an opening reception tonight. The event will show stellar black and white photographs from the Vogue-published photographer, capturing his work reminiscent of Irving Penn, personal projects, fashion shoots and work with famed model (and girlfriend), Caroline Trentini; Clic Galleries, 424 Broome Street; (6-9pm opening reception, 3/15).
- 3/15 - Miuccia Prada was rumored to only want to have to work with models during her fittings for Attila - now the designer will join Jacques Herzog and Pierre De Meuron for the Attila performance tonight at the Metropolitan of Opera. Invite Only; The Metropolitan Opera; (8-10p)
- 3/17 - Tommy Hilfiger will partner up with Quintessentially to host the premiere of The Runaways starring Joan Jett, Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning. Invite Only; (6:30-10p)
- 3/18 - Derek Lam store visit - Come and meet the mastermind and famed young designer. Invite Only; 10-12 Crosby (6:30-8p)
- 3/18 - Popular retail store, New York & Company, will host its first ever Fall 2010 presentation at The Glass House this Thursday for editors. Invite Only; 5454 West 25th street; (6-9p)
- 3/18 - Learn about the history of sunglasses from the roots of Italy and the trends that are to come at the Vanderbilt Hall; Grand Central Terminal, NYC; rsvp required.
- Through 3/21 - Come and witness a bevy of Giorgio Armani's red carpet looks worn by celebrites such as: Lady Gaga, Anne Hathaway, Penelope Cruz and more, at the Fifth Avenus flagship store. Wait, Lady Gaga has worn Armani? ; 717 Fifth Ave, (212-207-1902); M–Sa (10–8), Su (12p–6).