Get out of the rain and into some sample sale rooms! Top designers are clearing out their old inventory with seriously steep discounts. Check out the upcoming sample sales below, and make sure to get there early.
May 19th & 20th Derek Lam will be up to 70% at this sale. 10 Crosby Street, between Grand and Howard Street, 3rd Floor.
May 18th - 20th Snag up to 50% off of clothing, accessories and shoes by UGG Australia.12 West 57th Street, between 5th and 6th Ave, Suite 807.
May 18th - 22nd Up to 65% off at the Theory Women’s sample sale. 261 W. 36th Street, between 7th and 8th Ave, 2nd floor.
Showroom Seven, located in the Fashion District of Los Angeles, is home to racks of designer names such as Tony Cohen, Issa London, Bloch, Charlotte Ronson, Erickson Beamon, and many more.
If there is anywhere you want to be in the next couple of weeks, it's definitely at Showroom Seven for their sample sale that is hosting up to 90% off wholesale prices. Say what? That's right--90% discounted off of the amazingly detailed and uniquely twisted jewelry by Erickson Beamon, ballet inspired coquette-ish flats and shoes by Bloch London, brightly and boldy patterned dresses by ISSA, charmingly flirty casual wear by Charlotte Ronson, and classically styled Tony Cohen threads. Showroom Seven's sample sales are a must and it's a fact. If you've never been, make this time around your first-you'll be wondering how you've lived without these timeless pieces you'll walk away with.
This sample sale will be held from Monday, May 2nd to Friday, May 13th. Hours are Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM, closed Saturdays and Sundays. The showroom is located in the heart of the Fashion District at 860 S. Los Angeles St. Mezz. 3, cross st. 9th--See you there!
April 15th usually means one thing--it's time to pay up. Maybe you're an early bird and already filed your taxes weeks ago; maybe you're scrambling to meet the ominous deadline. Hell, maybe you just don't feel like dealing with it right now and filed for an extension (why do today what you can put off until October, right?), but no matter what your situation, hardly anyone is enthuasiatic about emptying their pockets for the IRS. Tax Day is just gloomy, and even though it was pushed back to the 18th this year, that doesn't make us any more optimisitic about parting with our hard earned dollars
Balenciaga, Rodarte, Alexander McQueen--you love them all. It's not your fault. Designer clothes are just pretty, but that means they come at a pretty price too, which leaves us at Forever 21 buying low quality look-a-likes, praying that Target's next GO collection will be by Oscar de la Renta or some other amazing designer. It's torturous--coutureturous--looking at pictures of runway shows, walking through your outlet mall while the window displays taunt you. You totally understand what that redhead was going through in Confessions of a Shopaholic. Nevertheless, designer clothes mean one thing to you--debt; so you've accepted that you have to take what you can get. That's just life, right? Wrong. There's a way to get your paws on luxe designer duds without completely breaking the bank. How? Sample sales, and there's one happening this weekend!
As every fashion-forward shopper knows, samples sales are key when trying to keep up with the latest trends without breaking the bank! Beginning today, there are nine awesome sample sales throughout the city that are sure to make you- and your wallet- smile! Happy shopping!
- JF & Son. Get up to 40% off on the duo’s Fall collection. 10 % of the total sale will go to the Red Cross in their efforts for Japan Relief. The sale begins today at noon, and lasts until 8 PM Wednesday. JF & Son is located in the East Village at 56 University Pl., at 10th St.
- J Rosen Showroom. Just in time for Summer, J Rosen Showrrom is offering up to 70 % off designer swimwear, cover-ups, and sandals. Designers include Brette Sandler, Debbie Katz, Tkees, and Cocobelle. The sale begins today and lasts until Friday at 7PM, at the showroom at 231 West 39th Street, between Seventh & Eighth Avenues, suite 1101.
- Rachel Leigh. Rachel Leigh’s Manhattan location is offering up to 80 % off on in-store merchandise, beginning tomorrow at 10 AM until Thursday at 5 PM. We recommend her famous bangles ($15) and cocktail rings ($25). The sale is located at 252 West 38th Street, between Seventh & Eighth Avenues, suite 902.
- Ted Rossi. Beginning Wednesday at noon, Ted Rossi will be offering up to 70 % off on Swarovski crystal jewelry, handbags, and leather goods. The two-day sale lasts until Thursday at 6 PM, and is located at 15 East 30th Street, between Fifth & Madison Avenues, suite 300.
- Tucker & Felix Rey. Beginning Thursday at 9 AM, the blowout sale will be HUGE, with vintage pieces marked down to $25 and tops, dresses, and jumpers marked down 40 %. Also, Felix Rey handbags will be starting at $25. The sale lasts until Saturday at 6 PM, at 413 West 14th Street, between Ninth & Tenth Avenues, suite 403.
- Erica Weiner. The much-acclaimed jewelry designer’s signature pieces will be marked down up to 40 % beginning Friday at noon and ending Sunday night at 8 PM. Erica Weiner’s store is located at 173 Elizabeth Street, between Spring & Kenmare Streets.
- Elie Tahari. Perhaps the biggest sale of them all, Elie Tahari’s sale event kicks off April 12th at 8:30 AM and ends April 16th at 5 PM. The blowout offers up to70 % off the entire men’s collection, as well as women’s leather jackets for $297 (reg. $1,198), sequin dresses for $129 (reg. $598), and patent peep toes for $98 (reg. $298). Elie Tahari is located at 510 Fifth Avenue, at 43rd Street.
- Charlotte Ronson. An undisclosed percentage of the profits from Charlotte Ronson’s sample sale will benefit Japan Society’s Earthquake Relief Fund. The sale will include chiffon dresses for $80, crew-neck sweaters, twill shorts, and skirts for $60, and rope-print tanks for $40. The sale begins April 13th at 10 AM, and concludes April 15th at 7 PM. Charlotte Ronson is located at 1071 Sixth Avenue, between 40th & 41st Streets, suite 301.
- Katherine Kwei. Katherine Kwei’s sample sale is offering hundreds off selected merchandise, including leather purses, clutches, and totes. The sale begins April 14th at 10:30 AM, and concludes April 15th at 7:30 PM. The showrrom is located at 611 Broadway, at Houston Street, suite 742.
“I see it. I like it. I make it."--that's Erica Domesek's motto, and ours now too after coming across her blog turned book, P.S.- I made this.... It's all about about designing and creating your own fabulous fashion pieces--the perfect outlet for fashionistas who are crafty, creative, and on a budget. From apparel to jewelry and even home decor, the DIY projects on P.S.- I made this...are limitless, and there's no better way to save money on fashion than by making your current fashion favorites yourself. Some of the most impressive projects were the encrusted headband/belt, chunky pearl necklace, feather skirt, and, of course, all the chandeliers. All projects come equipped with photos, step-by-step instructions, and a list of supplies needed to reach your goal. Really, it couldn't be easier, so see it, try it, and make it for yourself at Erica Domesek's versatile and chic online gallery or purchase her book, P.S.- I Made This..., at Amazon.
Every last Friday of each month, the California Market Center in downtown Los Angeles holds a sample sale featuring designer lines at slashed prices. This incredible sale attracts flocks of trendy shop savvy LA fashionistas with the CMC's hundreds of showrooms.
CMC is the home of the top collections and the serious hub of all things fashion forward. The sample sale features different collections each Friday and runs from 9 am to 3 pm. The showrooms participate in the sale at their discretion. With collections for kids, men, and women, the CMC Sample Sale is one we highly reccommend you check out. The CMC houses collections such as William Rast and J. Lindberg, Derelicte, Ben Sherman, A People United, and hundreds more.
Loved by Blake Lively and Oprah, Louboutins have been a hit since first introduced back in 1991. Known for their high arches and fine stilettos, Louboutins are quickly recognized by their signature red sole. This morning, Beyond The Rack unveiled a sale on a few select styles.
1. Open Toe Shoes in Black ($579, Left). These lace-up booties are by far our favorite! We love the dramatics lines and the lace-up detail, as well as the open toe.
2. Buckle Ankle Boots in Black Suede ($899). These suede ankle boots are all but basic. Featuring the signature stiletto, the boots are embellished with buckle detailing.
Sometimes bold, sometimes delicate--floral prints have been a favorite trend of ours this spring. From scarves to sunglasses to dresses, this trend has come up everywhere, and while we would love to get our hands on all of it, we've learned that a few key pieces are all that's necessary to incorporate the trend into our wardrobe. A fashionably achievable look we've seen so far has been floral print footwear, which adds just the right dose of pretty to your outfit. Shoes allow you to stay on trend without breaking the bank, so we found some floral print footwear each under $50 for all the flower power lovers out there. We may even have thrown in a pair of socks.
Calling all fashionistas! Now is the time to get bikini ready! This spring, retro, striped, and floral prints make waves; red and orange hues make a splash; and pleather- oh, pleather- makes those beach boys sweat. Here are our top 10 budget-friendly bikini's to keep you looking fashionable and feeling hot this spring (and they're all under $100!).