For the best tasting macarons, look no further than these three places.
Light and airy, yet luxuriously decadent in a blithe Parisian style, macarons are the elitist response to the cupcake trend. Freshness is key with macarons, so your best bet is to get them at a local bakery. In Chicago, Vanille Patisserie is the place to go. But if you don't want to tramp around in the slushy snow, there are several online options where you can order a box of these meringue-based treats from the comfort of your home. A foodie's affordable substitute for a vacation in the French Riviera.
If you're hankering for some Mardi Gras sweets, turn to Chez Sha's for authentic and gourmet creole cookies. These are perfect for those who like their cookies soft and sugary, with a taste of sugar granules in every bite. To maintain their freshness, the cookies are packaged individually and shipped to your door in a keepsake tin.
Lemon blueberry is tart and fresh, with enough plump blueberries sprinkled in that you can almost fool yourself into thinking they are healthy.
- 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Slane & Slane Jewelry Holiday Sample Sale, 48 West 25th Street, 11th Floor (between 6th Avenue and Broadway), NYC
- December 16th, 8:00 AM - December 17th, 7:00 PM, Pink Tartan Holiday Sample Sale, Pink Tartan showroom, 416 W. 13th Street (between 9th Avenue and Washington), Suite #303
Featuring Pink Tartan dresses, skirts, blouses, pants and coats at 60% off. Cash and credit cards only (no checks accepted).
- December 16th, 9:00 AM - December 17th, 6:00 PM, Eugenia Kim Spring 2009 Press Preview, 347 West 36th Street, Suite 502, NYC
- December 16th, 10:00 AM - December 18th, 6:00 PM, 3 sample sale, 610 Broadway, 3rd Floor, NYC
Men's and women's apparel, footwear, and accessories.
- 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Order S/S '09 Collection and Sample Sale cocktail party, Arcade Boutique, 8473 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA
Shop 4-8PM, cocktail reception begins at 6:00 PM.
- 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM, An Evening with Elise Øverland hosted by Arcade Boutique, Arcade Boutique, 8473 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA
Attendees can order her S/S '09 collection and samples will be available for purchase.
- December 16th, 5:00 PM - December 17th, 8:00 PM, New York Girl Style Dress A Fashionistas event, 250 West 39th Street #302, NYC
Featuring shopping at the Single Dress Designer Sale and a chance to win two VIP holiday gift bags stuffed with BedHead styling products. Ian Wheeldon, NYGS's fashion director, will provide styling tips. Cocktails provided by Italy Brava Italia Energy Drinks and Everglo V2 Vodka.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Donna Karan Personalized Fragrance Readings, Bergdorf Goodman, 754 Fifth Avenue at 58th Street, Goodman's Cafe on the Beauty Level, NYC
DK Fragrance experts Catherine Barber and Annette Williams will help guests (appointments recommended) find the DK scent that best suits them through a series of images, colors and sounds. Totally new age.
- 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Katie Lee Joel Holiday Event, 201 Park Avenue South, NYC
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, The Earnest Sewn Co. Friends and Family Holiday Shopping Event, All NYC Earnest Sewn Locations, New York
The Earnest Sewn Co. will host a holiday shopping event with a special discount to our friends and family (40% off Earnest Sewn Merchandise, 25% off 3rd Party Merchandise)! Donations of canned food and gently worn jackets will go toward drives sponsored in association with The Food Bank for New York City and New York Cares. There will be complimentary drinks from Brass Monkey and sweets from Babycakes at the Meatpacking location.
Meatpacking District: 821 Washington Street (between Gansevoort & Little West 12th Street)
Lower East Side: 90 Orchard Street (at Broome St.)
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, First Annual FEED Holiday Market, Mercy Corps Action Center, 6 River Terrace at Murray Street, Battery Park City, NY
Come find the perfect holiday gifts, featuring the FEED 1 bag, FEED 100 bag, and the US premiere of the FEED 2 bag, as well as a variety of handmade crafts from around the world. FEED, launched by first lady Laura Bush, is a program that sells good quality crafts to FEED the world. Each of the FEED bags helps to raise awareness about world hunger while benefiting the hungry children of the world. By invite only. For additional information, RSVP@FEEDprojects.org