Following our Part I and Part II trend reports on the Resort 2013 fashion shows, we have now hand selected a few pieces inspired by the trends that took place on the runways. For those of you who just can’t wait for the fashion-forward Resort ’13 collections to hit the shelves, we’ve got a few pieces that should help hold you over until they make their big debut to the public. Check out some of the resort-inspired looks, and give the upcoming trends a little test run before the real stuff is here!
Nolita's Poppy Boutique is the store out-of-towners dream of when they come to New York to shop: trendy but classic, hip, but unintimidating, affordably priced, and consistently stocked with pretty garments dabbed with a vintage, boho feel. With autumn just around the corner, the boutique delivers again with fall pieces that'll have you wishing that the chill in the air would hurry up and get here. The bright and airy boutique is already stocked with fall-ready garb like a killer Lauren Moffatt navy cape with oversized leather pockets that give it a decidedly '60s-mod appeal ($385) and a red-and-white striped dolman-sleeved jacket by Myne that has all the sophisticated edge of the hippest '80s lady-who-lunches ($285). They've also got a great selection of comfortably chic Tucker blouses ($250-$285), and adorable tribal-print shorts in fabulous neons ($132) that would look great with tights and riding boots come fall.
You may have recently seen the ads displayed in an abundance of September issues and fashion sites alike and wondered, what is Tucker? The brand has been around for a few years now, but prior to this month it would have only been found in luxury department stores like Barneys (perhaps why many hadn't heard of the line until now).
- 2/8 - Tucker Sample Sale - Everything under 100 dollars from previous seasons; 423 W. 14th St; 11am.
- 2/10 - Come and join Kim Kardashian before her Bebe Fashion Week Launch, to celebrate her new fragrance at Sephora. Purchase the fragrance and get the chance to be photographed with Kim; 597 Fifth Ave; 7-9; (212-980-6534).
- 2/11-2/18 - Fashion Week is finally here. Catch some of your favorite designers shows all throughout NYC (RSVP Required) or on style.com. Check the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Schedule here.
- 2/12 - Join Naomi Campbell during her Fashion For Relief runway show during Fashion Week - hosted by Sarah Ferguson. Open to the general public - American Express cardholders will be able to purchase tickets first @ Ticketmaster. Mingle with designers, celebrities and VIPS during the event, as all proceeds will benefit CARE.
- 2/14 - Join Milk Studios with an Open Brunch at their Surf Lodge area (8fl), where designers and possibly editors will mingle over divine dishes. Early arrival suggested; price menu undetermined; Milk Studios 450 W. 15th St