Social Media & PR Intern Philly- Fall 2019
An internship with Joonbug.com is an excellent opportunity to gain hand-on experience in the events industry. Through training and mentoring by industry professionals, you will be introduced to the planning, marketing and execution of fully produced events. From signing a contract to getting the word out to the night of the event, we’ve got it covered every step of the way. Joonbug is the leader of holiday events and bar crawls with offices and events in major cities across the country.
Whether you have an interest in Social Media Management, Event and Bar Crawl Planning and Production, Nightlife and Promotions or Public Relations, there is a place at Joonbug for you to learn invaluable skills and grow in your field. We are seeking the very best to bring on to our fall team, who will shadow the production process leading up to major holiday events. If you’re a driven, skilled individual with an interest in the industry, we would love to sit down and talk to you about this opportunity. Please see below for more details on the different internships offered.
Selected interns can expect hands-on work with full-scale event marketing campaigns. Interns will gain valuable experience in contributing to brainstorming sessions, marketing research, social media outreach, and other office administration tasks.
- Schedule content and manage social media accounts under guidance of Social Media Manager
- Build social media strategies for sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to gain exposure for our events and promote blog content
- Assist with media alerts and press releases
- Manage giveaways on all social media platforms
- Reach out to venues regarding editorial/social media coverage
- Passionate about nightlife, pop culture, art, fashion and forthcoming events
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent writing/verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines is key
- Knowledge and experience with popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
Internship runs: 10/1/19- 12/31/19
Hours: Interns are in our office from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Minimum of 4 days per week (5 days preferred), Monday-Friday available
Compensation: weekly stipend